Karl O. Nygaard Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established in memory of Karl O. Nygaard by his family and friends in honor of all that he accomplished throughout his lifetime.
Mr. Nygaard joined The BF Goodrich Company in 1954 as an economist and corporate director of business research after four years with the Department of Commerce. He was named Vice President-BF Goodrich Brand Replacement Sales in 1971, and Vice President of marketing for the Tire Division of BF Goodrich in 1972. At the time of his death in 1975, Mr. Nygaard was Senior Vice President of the BF Goodrich Tire Company, with overall responsibility for the manufacturing and technical activities of the company.
One $1,500 scholarship ($750 Fall and $750 Spring semester) will be awarded to an outstanding student.
- Marketing Management major
- Sophomore, junior, or senior standing by Fall semester
- Full-time student
- U.S. Citizen
- GPA of 3.4 or better
- Significant financial need
- Complete the online application form below
- Attach resume and cover letter (use the cover letter to specify the scholarship you are applying for and how you meet the minimum requirements )
Application Deadline: 5:00 P.M., April 15.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about how a scholarship may impact your financial aid, please contact the http://www.uakron.edu/finaid/.
Complete the Application Form.