What is FPA?
The Financial Planning Association is a group of students (All majors welcome) interested in learning more about Financial Planning and furthering their knowledge in the field. FPA® is the community that fosters the value of financial planning and advances the practice and profession of financial planning. Other purposes of the Student Chapter are to give students the opportunity to learn about financial planning, have exposure to financial professionals, obtain internships and employment opportunities and develop interpersonal and leadership skills.
Most meetings consist of guest speakers that will talk about their experiences, offer advice, and field questions. These meeting allow you to ask listen and ask questions that help further your knowledge, industry awareness and further choose your career path.
The purpose of the Student Chapter is to support FPA’s Primary Aim: FPA® is the community that fosters the value of financial planning and advances the practice and profession of financial planning. Other purposes of the Student Chapter are to give students the opportunity to learn about financial planning, have exposure to financial planning professionals, obtain internship and employment opportunities and develop leadership skills.
Joining FPA allows you the opportunities to:
- Stand out from fellow internship/ job seekers
- Hear professionals within the field of financial planning
- Network with students, faculty and professionals
- Fine tune your career path
Have further access to:
- Job Opportunities
- Guidance on becoming a CFP (Certified Financial Planner) or CFA (Certified Financial Advisor)
- Annual Financial Conferences – usually at little or no cost to you
- Volunteering Opportunities
Those eligible for membership must be currently enrolled students at The University of Akron and must be in good standing with the university as defined in University Rule number 3359-20-05.1(k).
2014 - 2015 Officers:
- President - Ms. Celestine Preston - email@example.com
- Vice President - Sam Distler - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Amber Stoneman - email@example.com
- Secretary - Nina Barnett - firstname.lastname@example.org