Just for Trainees
Welcome to the CIFC!
We are the training clinic for the graduate students in the School of counseling in this beautiful facility. University of Akron School of Counseling students in the following specialty areas are trained at the Clinic:
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Counseling Psychology
- Counselor Education
- Marriage & Family Counseling/Therapy
- School Counseling
Our mission is twofold:
- To provide high quality, low cost (or free) mental health services to the Greater Akron area.
Counseling is provided to individuals of all ages, couples, families and groups.
- To provide state-of-the-art advanced training in mental health counseling.
Under the supervision of licensed faculty members, master’s and doctoral students receive professional mental health training experiences including assessment and evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning, case consultation, and diverse approaches to counseling.
Our counselor trainees will carry a caseload of 5-6 clients over the course of the semester.
Trainees will have up to 5 hours of group and individual supervision/week to help them become competent/ethical counselors.
Supervision includes case report and video supervision to assist the trainees in honing their clinical skills.
Please take the time to view our pictures and information posted on this website.
View the Clinic
Trainee Online Resources
- American Counseling Association - Code of Ethics
- American Psychological Association - Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists - Code of Ethics
American Counseling Association
ACA Insurance Trust
American Psychological Association
APA Insurance Trust
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists
CPH and Associates
American School Counselors National Professional Group