Travel Suggestions and Check-in Information
Check-in will open for dormitory housing and the Symposium on Sunday, June 20, 2010, from 1 pm until 8 pm at the Honors / Orr Residential Complex located at the corner of (S. College Street and Buchtel Ave, Akron; see attached map and note the Red arrow.).
Symposium Co-Chairs: H. Michael Cheung firstname.lastname@example.org
Jay Adin Mann, Jr. email@example.com,
Some travel details: you will either drive to Akron, fly into Cleveland or fly into Akron-Canton.
- You are flying to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. If you arrive Saturday, June 19, 2010. Please let us know your travel plans if we can be of some help – leave a message at 216-368-4122. (Jay Mann’s office; I will check for messages often on Saturday.)
- You are flying to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport on Sunday, June 20, 2010. We plan to run a shuttle between CLE and the Honors / Orr Residential Complex roughly every hour starting at noon with the last run at 6:00 pm. We will have a schedule at the hospitality desk of CLE, which is located in the middle of the baggage claim area. You may call 216-470-5153 (Jay Mann’s Cell Phone) for help. You may choose to rent a car; the trip takes about an hour.
- You are flying into the Akron Canton Airport, which is about a 30min drive from the Honors complex. Taxi fare is between $40-$50. Car rentals are available.
- You are driving to the University of Akron. There are major highways that provide easy access to Akron. However, do plan to print out a map or maps. A map of the campus is attached and includes three arrows: The red arrow points to the Honors complex for registration, the green arrow points to the Quaker Square Inn and the Blue arrow to the Student Union Conference Center, which is the site for the meetings. For those of you who use GPS, I suggest that you enter: 255 E. Buchtel Ave., Akron, OH 44304. This will take you to the parking garage at the shank of the red arrow on the attached map.
- Parking on campus is free, but you will need to display a sign in your car window to show that you are with the Symposium. That sign will be available as a pdf on the website beginning Friday 6/12.
Emergency phone number: 216-470-5153