Guidelines for Requesting a Visa Letter for Commencement

If you are a Computer Science major and need a letter requesting permission for your family to enter the United States to attend your graduation ceremony, please send Laura Bonko ( an email that contains the following information.

NOTE: You should only request letters after you have officially applied for graduation through My Akron.

Your Name

Your Student ID Number

When You Are Graduating

Name of Consulate

Address of Consulate

Names of Visitors and Their Relationship To You


Mother - Jane Margaret Doe

Father - Joe William Doe

How Many Letters You Need

If you need multiple letters, please be specific. For example, “one letter for mother and one letter for father.”