3460: Computer Science
Admission to Computer Science Major
The student must have completed 30 credits and have the approval of the Dean of the College. In addition, the student must have completed 3450:208, 3460:209, 3460:210 and 3450:221, each with C or better.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (for students admitted prior to fall 2011)
The General Education requirement and the second year of a foreign language.
Core curriculum: Credits
- 3460:209 Introduction to Computer Science 4
- 3460:210 Data Structures and Algorithms I 4
- 3460:306 Assembly and System Programming 4
- 3460:307 Internet Systems Programming 3
- 3460:316 Data Structures and Algorithms II 3
- 3460:421 Object-Oriented Programming 3
- 3460:426 Operating Systems 3
- 3460:430 Theory of Programming Languages 3
- 3460:465 Computer Architecture 3
- 3460:480 Introduction to Software Engineering and Formal Methods 3
- 3460:490 Senior Seminar in Computer Science 3
Other required courses:
- 3450:208 Introduction to Discrete Mathematics 4
- 3450:221 Analytic Geometry and Calculus I 4
- 3450:222 Analytic Geometry and Calculus II 4
- 3470:461 Applied Statistics 4
A minimum of 12 credit hours of approved 300 and/or 400-level Computer Science electives
Note: No more than one 300-level Computer Science course may be used to satisfy the Computer Science Elective requirement.