What is the Residual ACT?
The Residual ACT is the same as the National ACT, except that we stencil-score the exam. Thus, the results are available within five days of the test administration. Residual ACT scores do not transfer to other institutions like the National ACT scores. Scores are only good at the University of Akron.
When can I take the Residual ACT?
The Residual ACT will be administered on the following dates:
- February 23, 2013
- April 27, 2013
- May 11, 2013
- June 22, 2013
- July 27, 2013
- October 12, 2013
- November 30, 2013
How do I register for the Residual ACT?
The fee for the test is $45. You can register for the Residual ACT one of two ways:
- Print the registration form and mail it along with payment to The University of Akron. The address is on the registration form. Click here to register by downloading and mailing the registration for (PDF).
- Register online using a credit card. Click here to register and pay via the Web.
To register and schedule for a private Residual ACT session, please contact Testing Services at 330-972-7084. The testing fee is $155.
When is the deadline for registration and fee payment?
Your fee ($45) and registration form must be in the Cashier's Office by the Friday before the test. If you cannot meet that deadline, you may come as a standby the day of the test with payment of $65, which includes the $45 for the test, plus a $20 walk-in fee. MUST arrive by 8 a.m.. There are no refunds after the test date, and if you do not show for the test after registering, you will have to pay the fee again to take the test.
What do I do on the day of the Residual ACT?
- Report to Room 142 in the College of Arts and Science Building, 290 E. Buchtel Ave., NO LATER THAN 8:20 a.m.. Click here for a UA Campus Map.
- The test will be over at approximately noon.
- You may park in any staff/student lot on Saturdays
- Bring the following items to the test:
- Your photo identification (driver's license or school ID) is REQUIRED for admission into the test
- Your copy of the registration form if you registered using the paper registration form
- A calculator is optional. Check the ACT's web site for prohibited models.
- prohibited #2 pencils
- If you are coming as a standby, you must bring the $65 fee with you the morning of the test.
Whom do I contact for additional information?
Call Testing Services at 330-972-7084.
Print this page so you have instructions on what to bring and what to do on the test day.