Dr. Mukerrem Cakmak
Harold A. Morton Chair, Distinguished Professor;
Director, Center for Multifunctional Polymer Nanomaterials and Devices (UA site)
Department of Polymer Engineering
- Jason E. Drum, PhD
- Amy Blake, PhD
- Emre Unsal, PhD
- Orcun Yucel, PhD
- Eric McClanahan, PhD
- Gupreet Singh, PhD
- Isil Nugay, PhD
- Saurab Bhatra, PhD
- James Shin, PhD
- Aysin Dura, visiting PhD student
- Dr. Jiao Guo
- Dr. Bart Hamilton
- Matthew Niemeyer, M.S.- "Processing-Structure-Property Relationships in Cold Rolled PEEK and PPS"
- Min Diaw Wang, M.S.- "Processing-Structure-Property Relationships in Biaxially Stretched and Tubular Blown Thermoplastic Elastomer Films"
- C.M. Hsiung ,PhD.-"Processing Structure Property Relationships and Simulation of Structure Gradients in Injection Molded Semi-Crystalline Aromatic Polycondensates" (1990)
- M. Simhambhatla M.S. "Fundamental Studies on Biaxial Stretching , Plasma Treatment and Vacuum Metallization of Poly (ether ether ketone) (PEEK) films"
- J. Tse , M.S. "Processing-Structure-Property Relationships in Biaxially Stretched Poly (buthylene)terephthalate and Polyethylene isophthalate blends"
- Y.C. Yoon, M.S. ( 1991)"Structure Development in Rolled Poly(Vinylidene Fluoride)"
- H.J. Kang, PhD.“ Structure Development and Dynamics in Double Bubble Tubular Film Processing” ( 1989) ( CO-ADVISED)
- S.S. Song, Ph.D. “ Fundamental Study of Structure Development and Processing in Aromatic Polycondensates” (1989) ( CO-ADVISED)
- J.S. Lee, Ph.D. (1991) "Fundamental Properties And Structure Development In Solid State Processed Vinylidene Fluoride / Trifluoroethylene Copolymers"
- S.W. Lee, M.S. (1992) " Fundamental Studies on Crystallization Kinetics and Necking Behavior of Poly ethylene 2,6,- naphthalate"
- Stephen G. Schaible, M.S. (1992)" Investigations of Instrumented Spin Welding and Vibration Welding of Poly(vinylidene fluoride)
- M.R.F. Azmoudeh, M.S. (1992) " Synergistic Processing Strategies in Forging of Polymer-Metal Powder Mixtures"
- H. Rajaraman, M.S. (1992) " Studies on the Spin Welding Behavior of Poly p- phenylene Sulfide Composites"
- Hari N. Venkatesvaran, M.S. (1992) " A Fast Dual Wavelength Optical Techniquefor Studying Crystallization in pre-Oriented PET films"
- D. Festa, M.S. (1993) " Effect of Glass fiber fillers on Spin Welding Behavior of Thermotropic Liquid Crystalline Polymer"
- R. Woods, M.S. (1992) " Forging of Thermoplastic Powders"
- S. Mahant, M.S. (1993) " Melt Spinning of PVDF/PMMA "
- D. Boles, M.S. (1994) “The effect of mold cavity geometry On orientation development in injection molding of thermotropic liquid crystalline polymers”
- K. Keuchel, M.S. (1994) “ Instrumented Spin Welding of Polypropylene”
- S. Ghosh, M.S. (1994) “ Crystallization Behavior and Processing-Structure-Property Relationships in Binary Blends of PPS”
- J.C. Kim , Ph.D. (May 1995) “The influence of Processing History on Structural Characteristics of Polyethylene 2,6 Naphthalene Dicarboxylate) and Poly (ether imide) blends.
- Y. Ulcer, Ph.D. (December 1995) “Injection Molding of Slowly Crystallizing Polymers”
- Y.D. Wang , Ph.D. ( May 1996) “ Processing Structure Property Relationships in Injection Molded PVDF and blends of PVDF with PMMA”
- R.Ozisik “ M.S. (1996) “Phase Behavior and Structure Development in Melt SpunPEEK/PEI blends”
- S. Cronin, M.S. 1998” The effect of composition and processing conditions on the structure development in injection molded dynamically vulcanized PP/EPDM blends”
- H.Ayrom-Keuchel Ph.D (1997) “ Development of spatial structural hierarchy in injection molded isotactic polypropylene”
- X.Zhou, Ph.D ( 1998) “ Processing-structure-property relationships in uni- and biaxially stretched binary and ternary blends”
- M. Graves MS. (1998)” On-line measurements of crystallization of low density polyethylenes using integrated fiber optic laser Raman spectroscopy, light depolarization and small angle laser light scattering techniques”
- A. Beers.M.S. (1999)” Deformation behavior and structural development of polyethylene naphthalate/polycarbonate blends”
- P. Jatin, MS (1999).” Influence of composition on deformation behavior in blends of Poly Ether Ether Ketone (PEEK) and Poly Ether Imide (PEI)”
- S. Bicakci , PhD. (2000). “ Miscibility, uniaxial deformation behavior and annealing studies in binary and ternary blends of poly(ethylene naphthalate), poly(ether imide), and poly(ether ether ketone) i”
- Gbolrami Adebayo, Ph.D. (2001) “ Design, validation and implementation of on-line measurement techniques to study the phase behavior of partialy miscible PMMA/PαMSAN blends under quiescent and flow conditions, and application to filled-PVC in quiescent mode”
- T. Serhatkulu , PhD. (2000)” Crystallization and birefringence studies on fast structural changes followed by non-contact spectral birefringence and Raman spectroscopy techniques”
- T. Sen, PhD. (2003) “ Investigation of dynamics and structure development during uniaxial stretching of PET films at different molecular weights using fully automated spectral birefringence technique”
- P. Koombhongse, PhD. (2001)” Phase behavior and morphology of SAN/PMMA under high flow rates”
- D. Valladares MS (2002)” Real time strain induced crystallization and structural hierarchy time evolution in crosslinked natural rubber”
- J. Choi, PhD (2001).” A study of structure evolution during deformation and subsequent heat-setting process in poly(ethylene terephthalate) and poly(ether imide) binary miscible blends”
- B. Yalcin PhD. ( 2003) “ Injection molding of Nylon 6 –Clay Nanocomposites”
- Y. Konishi M.S. (2004) Nanoparticle induced carbon black network self-assembly and structural hierarchy development in injection-molded conductive composites
- M. Hassan , PhD.(2004) Novel true stress-true strain-birefringence measurement systems for real time measurement during multiaxial deformation and heat setting of polymer films: "Application on PET films"
- F. Fiorentini, PhD.(2004) “Fundamentals of Structuring During Mixing and Deformation of Rubber Compounds Studied by Real-time Sensing Techniques.”
- M. Ramirez M.S.(2004) “Influence of Blend Composition on Structure Development During Uniaxial Stretching of Poly(Vinyl Chloride) / Poly (e-Caprolactone).”
- X Ou, PhD.(2004)” “Structural Mechanisms as Revealed by Real Time Mechano Optical Behavior of PolylacticAcid Films in Uni and Biaxial Deformation and Heat-setting Processes”
- C. Martins, PhD.(2004) “Mechano Optical Behavior of PET and PEN Under Linear and Programmed Deformation Rate Profiles”
- M. Ghanem, M.S.(2004) The effect of processing conditions on the structural gradients developed in injection molded bacterial Poly (3Hydroxybutyrate-co-3Hydroxyvalerate) parts
- J. Mulligan, PhD. (2004) Non-linear stress optical behavior of poly l-lactic acid and its nanocomposites during stretching/relaxation/retraction from amorphous precursors
- Karnav Kanuga, PhD. (2006) "A fundamental study on the non-linear mechano-optical behavior of polyethylene naphthalate, its blends with polyetherimide and its nanocomposites"
- Teik Lim Kwa, MS Thesis (2006) "Novel On-Line True Stress-Strain-Electrical Conductivity Uniaxial Tensile Stretching System And Its Utility On Electrically Conductive Polylactic Acid (PLA) Nanocomposites"
- Jane Fujiyama Novak, PhD. (2009) "The Role of Nanoclay on the Deformation Behavior of Polypropylene/Maleic Anhydride Modified Polypropylene Films and Fibers in Full and Partially Molten State Processing"
- Sylvain Seif, PhD. (2009) "Temporally Programmed Stretching of Polymer Films:Influence of Nanoparticles"
- Wei Zhao, PhD. (2011) "Flexible Transparent Electrically Conductive Polymer Films For Future Electronics"
- Han Yan, PhD. (2011) "Electrospinning-Derived Carbon/Graphite Nanofiber Mats From A Polyimide-Mesophase Pitch Blend Precursor For Flexible Thermal Management Thin Films"