Dr. Chang Dae "Paul" Han
Department of Polymer Engineering
- 1954-1958 Seoul National University, B.S. in Chemical Engineering
- 1961-1962 Massachusetts Institute of Technology, M.S. in Chemical Engineering
- 1962-1964 Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Sc.D. in Chemical Engineering
- 1964-1968 Newark College of Engineering (currently New Jersey Institute of Technology), M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- 1966-1971 New York University, M.S. in Mathematics
- 1964-1966 Process Analyst at American Cyanamid Company, Wayne, NJ
- 1966-1967 System Engineer at Esso Research and Engineering Company, Florham Park, NJ
- 1967- 1972 Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering, Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY
- 1972-1974 Professor of Chemical Engineering, Polytechnic Institute of New York, Brooklyn, NY
- 1974-1982 Professor and Head of Chemical Engineering, Polytechnic Institute of New York, Brooklyn, NY
- 1982-1991 Professor of Chemical Engineering and Director of Polymer Science and Engineering Program, Polytechnic University, Brooklyn, NY.
- 1991-1992 University Professor and Director of Polymer Science and Engineering Program, Polytechnic University, Brooklyn, NY.
- 1993 to present: Benjamin Franklin Goodrich Professor of Polymer Engineering, The University of Akron, Akron, OH.
Honors and Awards
- The Best Paper Award for the paper entitled "Rheology of Foam Rheology," presented at the 36th Annual Technical Conference of the Society of Plastics Engineers, Thermoplastic Materials and Foams Division, Washington, D.C., April 1978.
- Sigma Xi Distinguished Research Citation in "Polymer Rheology and Processing" by the Polytechnic Chapter of Sigma Xi, June 1985.
- Distinguished Alumni Award from the College of Engineering, Seoul National University, September 1993.
- Ho-Am Prize (in Engineering) from Samsung Foundation in Korea, March 1996
- Outstanding Researcher Award from the University of Akron, April 2003.
ISI Rating: Highly Cited Researcher
Polymer Rheology; Polymer Physics; Polymer Processing; Computational Polymer Fluid Dynamics; Miscible and Immiscible Polymer Blends; Block Copolymer; Liquid Crystalline Polymers; Magnetic Polymers; Light-Emitting Polymers; Combined Magnetic and Conducting Polymers
Current Research Activities
- Polymer Synthesis
- Functional Block Copolymer
- Functional Liquid-Crystalline Polymer
- Functional Polynorbornene
- Molecule-Based Magnetic Polymer
- Heterocylic Light-Emitting Polymer
- Polymer Physics
- Block Copolymer/Organoclay Nanocomposites
- Liquid-Crystalline Polymer/Organoclay Nanocomposites
- Liquid-Crystalline Polymer/Single-Wall Carbon Nanotube
- Molecular Orbital Calculations in Ferromagnetic Polymer
- Magnetodynamics of Molecule-Based Magnetic Polymer
- Polymer Blends
- Liquid-Crystalline Polymer/Homopolymer Blends
- Ternary Blends of a Block Copolymer and Two Homopolymers
- Computational Polymer Fluid Dynamics
- Finite Element Analysis of Drop Deformation
- Finite Element Analysis of Drop Breakup
- Rheology-Morphology-Processing Relationships in Polymer Blends via Finite Element Analysis