- 1987 Ph.D., Physics, University of Chicago
- 1982 B.S., Physics, Wuhan University, China
Dr. Wang's Research Website
Polymer physics and engineering: Rheological and rheo-optical properties of polymer melts, blends and solutions; polymer dynamics; processing, flow phenomena and effects in both commercial and model polymeric (amorphous and semi-crystalline) materials; fracture and mechanical properties of polymers.
Dr. Shi-Qing Wang
The University of Akron
Department of Polymer Science
Akron, Ohio 44325-3909
Voice: (330) 972-7108
Fax: (330) 972-5290
- "Exploring origins of interfacial yielding in entangled linear melts during shear or after shear cessation", P. Boukany, Y. Wang and S. Q. Wang, Macromolecules, in press (2009).
- "Universal scaling behavior in startup shear of entangled linear polymer melts", P. Boukany, and S. Q. Wang, J. Rheol. May/June issue (2009).
- "Exploring the transition from wall slip to bulk shearing banding in well-entangled DNA solutions", P. E. Boukany and S. Q. Wang, Soft Matter, DOI: 10.1039/b804791j (2009).
- "Shear banding or not in entangled DNA solutions depending on the level of entanglement", P. E. Boukany and S. Q. Wang, J. Rheol. 53, 73 (2009).
- "The tip of iceberg in nonlinear polymer rheology: entangled liquids are 'solids'", S. Q. Wang, J. Polym. Sci. Polym. Phys. Ed. Viewpoint, 46, 2660 (2008).
- "From elastic extension to elongational flow of entangled melts", Y. Y. Wang and S. Q. Wang, J. Rheol., 52, 1275 (2008).
- "Steady state measurements in stress plateau region of entangled polymer solutions: entanglement-disentanglement transition and beyond", S. Ravindranath and S. Q. Wang, J. Rheol. 52, 957 (2008).
- "Universal scaling characteristics of stress overshoot in startup shear of entangled polymer solutions", S. Ravindranath and S. Q. Wang, J. Rheol. 52, 681 (2008).
- "Banding in simple steady shear of entangled polymer solutions", S. Ravindranath and S. Q. Wang, Macromolecules 41, 2663 (2008).
- "Shear banding and wall slip in entangled DNA solutions", P. Boukany, T.Y. Hu and S. Q. Wang, Macromolecules 41, 2644 (2008).
- "Particle-tracking velocimetric and flow birefringence studies of nonlinear flow behavior of wormlike entangled micellar solutions", P. Boukany and S. Q. Wang, Macromolecules 41, 1455 (2008).
- "Particle-tracking velocimetric investigation of large amplitude oscillatory shear behavior of entangled polymer solutions", S. Ravindranath and S. Q. Wang, J. Rheol. 52, 341 (2008).
- "First evidence of polymer melts undergoing inhomogeneous shear and breakup after shear cessation", Macromolecules,P. Boukany and S. Q. Wang, submitted (2009).
- "Yielding during startup deformation of entangled linear polymeric liquids", Y. Y. Wang and S. Q. Wang, Macromolecules, submitted (2009).
- WO/2007/027850, USPTO Application #: 20080047328
- American Physical Society
- Society of Rheology
- Fellow of American Physical Society (1997)
Our overall interest is Physics and engineering of polymeric and other structured materials. In recent years, we have focused on exploring the experimental and theoretical foundations of polymer rheology, particularly, nonlinear behavior of entangled polymer solutions and melts.
Members: Sham Ravindranath, Yangyang Wang, Xin Li, Greg Zartman, and Xiangyang Zhu