When it comes to earning a college degree, the greatest obstacle can be the funds to do so.
For this reason, The University of Akron is pleased for the opportunity each year to assist talented, deserving students achieve their dreams, thanks to more than 1,300 Named Scholarships established through the kindness and generosity of thousands of UA alumni and friends, corporations, and foundations.
Scholarships truly are the best way to ensure that today’s students persist to graduation. Scholarships allow students to enroll full time and remain focused on their studies; they also reduce drop-out rates, decrease the stress of student loans, and shorten the road to graduation.
The need for scholarships grows each year, however, as students continue to face an increased financial burden in pursuit of a college degree. In fact, 94 percent of today’s baccalaureate students borrow to pay for college – versus just 45 percent in 1993. And across the country, the average college-related debt for borrowers in the class of 2013 was $35,200.
If you are interested in making a significant contribution to student success, please consider establishing a scholarship at The University of Akron. Scholarships can be created to honor a living person, in memory of a loved one, or to contribute to the growth of an area of study. To learn more, please contact the Department of Development at 330-972-7238.
Please note: All scholarships are distributed through the University’s Office of Student Financial Aid. Students interested in applying for a scholarship may visit the Financial Aid webpage, call 330-972-7032, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The Department of Development does not accept applications for or distribute scholarships.
Search for a Named Scholarship
- E. P. Lambert Company Scholarship
- Eastman Chemical Company Enhancement Scholarship
- Eby, Professor Ronald K. Award In Polymer Science
- Eckler, Edith Mae Memorial Awards
- Economics Alumni Scholarship
- Efebera, Dr. Henry Memorial Endowed Scholarship
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Advisory Council Gift Fund
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Student Design Fund
- Electrical Engineering Honors Scholarship
- Elias, Edward G. Bowling Tournament Prize
- Eliot, John and Sylvia Scholarship in the Archives of the History of American Psychology
- Ellul, Maria D. and Jeffrey L. Sain Endowed Fellowship
- Emmons, Judge Clande and Mrs. Thelma Endowed Internship
- Endowed Scholarship Fund of the Women’s Auxiliary Board of the Summit County Children’s Home Inc.
- Engineering Foundation of Ohio Scholarships
- Engler, Edward M. Scholarship Endowment
- Ernst & Young Accounting Achievement Scholarships
- Ernst & Young Alumni Scholarship
- Ernst & Young Endowed Accounting Leadership Scholarship
- Ernst & Young Minority Business Scholarship
- Essner, Charlotte Scholarship in Fine and Applied Arts
- Evans Foundation Scholarships
- Evans, Charles D. and Celie S. Scholarship Fund
- Evans, Thomas W. Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Evening Class of 1995 Book Scholarships
- Exxon Chemical Company Scholarship Fund
Note for students interested in applying for a scholarship: The Department of Development at The University of Akron does not accept applications for, or distribute, scholarships.
For information on how to apply for a scholarship, please visit UA's Office of Student Financial Aid page.