When it comes to earning a college degree, the greatest obstacle can be the funds to do so.
For this reason, The University of Akron is pleased for the opportunity each year to assist talented, deserving students achieve their dreams, thanks to more than 1,300 Named Scholarships established through the kindness and generosity of thousands of UA alumni and friends, corporations, and foundations.
Scholarships truly are the best way to ensure that today’s students persist to graduation. Scholarships allow students to enroll full time and remain focused on their studies; they also reduce drop-out rates, decrease the stress of student loans, and shorten the road to graduation.
The need for scholarships grows each year, however, as students continue to face an increased financial burden in pursuit of a college degree. In fact, 94 percent of today’s baccalaureate students borrow to pay for college – versus just 45 percent in 1993. And across the country, the average college-related debt for borrowers in the class of 2013 was $35,200.
If you are interested in making a significant contribution to student success, please consider establishing a scholarship at The University of Akron. Scholarships can be created to honor a living person, in memory of a loved one, or to contribute to the growth of an area of study. To learn more, please contact Christine Curry in the Department of Development at 330-972-8614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: All scholarships are distributed through the University’s Office of Student Financial Aid. Students interested in applying for a scholarship may visit the Financial Aid webpage, call 330-972-7032, or e-mail email@example.com. The Department of Development does not accept applications for or distribute scholarships.
Search for a Named Scholarship
- Ladich, Gerald P. Book Award
- LaGuardia, John A. and Vicki L. Endowed Scholarship
- Lamb, William G. and Ruth E. Memorial Scholarship in Business
- Lampasone, John C., Class of 1939, Scholarship Fund
- Lancaster, Emmer M. Scholarship
- Lancaster, Gertrude A. Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Landscape for Learning Green Space Fund for Benches
- Landscape for Learning Green Space Fund for Trees
- Language Development CD ROM Project
- Laria, James 'Sid' Athletic Scholarship
- LaRose Sr., Peter Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Larson, Gordon Memorial Fund
- Larson, M. Sue and Robert W. Scholarship for Business and Athletics
- Larson, Ralph and Regina Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Latham, Dr. Gary P. Endowed Graduate Fellowship Fund for Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Laubacher, Dorothy Award in Family and Consumer Sciences
- Lauer, Martin P. Scholarship in Engineering
- Lavelli Family Scholarship in Dance
- Law Enforcement Memorial Scholarship
- Leafgren, Laura Murie Nursing Scholarship
- Lectureship in Gerontology
- Ledinko, Zora M. Endowed Memorial Scholarship
- Lehner Family Foundation Nursing Scholarship
- Leibensperger, Robert L. Scholarship Fund
- Leigh, Dr. Warren W. Fund
- Lentini Family Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Leuchtag, Dr. Harry H. Professorship in Biology
- Leuchtag, Ethel and Lois Endowed Scholarship in Nursing
- Levinson, Sol Scholarship Fund
- Liberman, Harry Educational Fund
- Liberman, Isaac Memorial Scholarship
- Lichtenwalter, Betty Jane Scholarship
- Lin, Dr. Lung-Ho Memorial Scholarship in Economics
- Lindquist, Melody Rose Mollis and Dr. John H. Lindquist Endowed Scholarship in Special Education and Marriage and Family Counseling
- Lipscombe, Will H. (Billie) Scholarship
- Liss, Dr. Sheldon B. Endowed Scholarship
- Litchfield, Paul W. Scholarship Fund
- Little, Robert W. Endowed Scholarship Fund for Summit College
- Little, Robert W. Graduate Fellowship in History
- Little, Robert W. Internship in Classical Studies, Anthropology and Archaeology
- Livigni, Dr. Russell A. Graduate Chemistry Fellowship
- Lockshin, Louis Scholarship
- Lojo, Anthony S. Memorial Scholarship
- Lojo, Elena M. Endowment
- Longerich, Mary Coates Scholarship
- Lord Corporation Graduate Fellowships
- Loughry, Dr. and Mrs. C. William Scholarship in Biomedical Engineering
- Lubrizol Corporation Scholarship in Chemistry
- Lubrizol Corporation Scholarship in Computer Science
- Lubrizol Scholarship in Mechanical Engineering
- Luke, Wade D. ‘31 and Beulah E. Luke ‘28 Memorial Scholarship
- Lunar Rover Robotics and Controls (LRRAC) Scholarship
- Lutz, Alfred and Charlotte Scholarship Fund
- Lutz, Philip P. and Faye Scholarship Fund
Note for students interested in applying for a scholarship: The Department of Development at The University of Akron does not accept applications for, or distribute, scholarships.
For information on how to apply for a scholarship, please visit UA's Office of Student Financial Aid page. You may also call the Financial Aid Office at 330-972-7032 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.