When it comes to earning a college degree, the greatest obstacle can be the funds to do so.
For this reason, The University of Akron is pleased for the opportunity each year to assist talented, deserving students achieve their dreams, thanks to more than 1,300 Named Scholarships established through the kindness and generosity of thousands of UA alumni and friends, corporations, and foundations.
Scholarships truly are the best way to ensure that today’s students persist to graduation. Scholarships allow students to enroll full time and remain focused on their studies; they also reduce drop-out rates, decrease the stress of student loans, and shorten the road to graduation.
The need for scholarships grows each year, however, as students continue to face an increased financial burden in pursuit of a college degree. In fact, 94 percent of today’s baccalaureate students borrow to pay for college – versus just 45 percent in 1993. And across the country, the average college-related debt for borrowers in the class of 2013 was $35,200.
If you are interested in making a significant contribution to student success, please consider establishing a scholarship at The University of Akron. Scholarships can be created to honor a living person, in memory of a loved one, or to contribute to the growth of an area of study. To learn more, please contact Christine Curry in the Department of Development at 330-972-8614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: All scholarships are distributed through the University’s Office of Student Financial Aid. Students interested in applying for a scholarship may visit the Financial Aid webpage, call 330-972-7032, or e-mail email@example.com. The Department of Development does not accept applications for or distribute scholarships.
Search for a Named Scholarship
- Taber, Dr. Margaret R. Scholarship for Women in Electronic Engineering Technology
- Taber, Dr. Margaret R. Scholarship for Women in Engineering
- Taber, Jean Hower Endowment Fund
- Taber, Jean Hower Scholarship
- Taft, Bob Internship in Applied Politics
- Takas, Andrew and Jane H. Scholarship for Excellence
- Talbert, Gerard John and Betty Jane Scholarship in Engineering
- Taliaferro, Cathryn Carroll Endowed Fund in English
- Taliaferro, Cathryn Carroll Phi Sigma Alpha Scholarship
- Taliaferro, Orrin David Memorial Post Clock Fund
- Tallal, Matthew M. Scholarship Fund
- Tannenbaum, James Memorial Scholarship
- Tax Executives Institute Inc. Scholarship
- Tax Executives Institute Inc., Cleveland Chapter Graduate Assistant Award
- Taylor Sr., Thomas H. Scholarship Fund
- Taylor, Mike and Cindy Textbook Scholarship
- Tebow, Anne Pleasants Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Terzian Family Scholarship
- Thomas, David F. Endowed Scholarship for Excellence in Business Administration
- Thomas, Joseph Memorial Scholarship
- Thomas, Matthew Memorial Scholarship
- Thompson, Philip S. Scholarship for Diversity in Engineering and Business
- Thornton, Kaitlyn M. Emergency Fund for Nursing Students
- Ticona Excellence in Polymer Science/Engineering Plastics Student Awards
- Timken International Scholarship
- Timmerman Geotechnical Family Scholarship
- Trajectory Award, College of Engineering Student-Loan Debt Reduction Program
- Treadgold Polymer Science Awards in Rubber Reinforcement
- Trushel, Verna Displaced Homemaker Scholarship
- Trusler, Aileen McMurray Professorship
- Tucker, Charles S. Family Scholarship
- Tucker, David Memorial Scholarship Fund in Engineering
- Turner Construction Award for Women in Engineering and/or Women in Construction Engineering Technology
Note for students interested in applying for a scholarship: The Department of Development at The University of Akron does not accept applications for, or distribute, scholarships.
For information on how to apply for a scholarship, please visit UA's Office of Student Financial Aid page. You may also call the Financial Aid Office at 330-972-7032 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.