When it comes to earning a college degree, the greatest obstacle can be funding.
For this reason, The University of Akron is pleased for the opportunity each year to assist talented, deserving students achieve their dreams, thanks to more than 1,300 named scholarships established through the kindness and generosity of thousands of UA alumni and friends, corporations, and foundations.
Scholarships truly are the best way to ensure that today’s students persist to graduation. Scholarships allow students to enroll full time and remain focused on their studies; they also reduce drop-out rates, decrease the stress of student loans, and shorten the road to graduation.
The need for scholarships grows each year, however, as students continue to face an increased financial burden in pursuit of a college degree. In fact, 94 percent of today’s baccalaureate students borrow to pay for college – versus just 45 percent in 1993. And across the country, the average college-related debt for borrowers in the class of 2013 was $35,200.
If you are interested in making a significant contribution to student success, please consider establishing a scholarship at The University of Akron. Scholarships can be created to honor a living person, in memory of a loved one, or to contribute to the growth of an area of study.
To learn more, please contact the Department of Development at 330-972-7238.
Search for a Named Scholarship
- Valmark Securities Inc. Financial Planning Scholarship
- Van Buren, Dr. and Mrs. George Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Varian, Donald S. Memorial Endowed Scholarship in Theatre Arts
- Varian, Mary Morrison Memorial Endowed Scholarship in Music
- Varsity 'A' Association/Porfere "Porky" Dudich Scholarship
- Vasko, Jennifer Memorial Scholarship in Nursing
- Verderico, Mary C. Family Endowed Scholarship
- Vernon, M. Catherine and David C. International Business Scholarship
- Verstraete, Joseph L. and Lois P. Engineering Scholarship
- Verstraete, Joseph L. Biomedical Engineering Award
- VEW Hearing Aid Program
- Victor, Anna M. Pfeifle and Henry P. Victor Memorial Scholarship
- Vis, Willem C. International Commercial Arbitration Moot Court Competition
- Vodofsky, Jay L. 1978 Scholarship Fund
- Voinovich, George V. Internship in Applied Politics
- Voke, Edward and Eleanor Family Scholarship
- Vukovich, Dr. Diane and Dr. Thomas J. Endowed Scholarship in Education