Registration for Pre-Professional and Introductory Levels
Complete and proper registration requires Placement (see Placement information below) and the submission of the following to the office:
- Registration Form 2013-14 (a 3-page document available online and in the office)
- Registration Fee $10.00 (new students only)
- Semester Fee (see Fall/Spring or Summer schedules for each level)
Registration for Recreational Classes
Recreational registration forms are available in the Dance Institute office. This form must be on file before the first class and may be filled out during any Dance Institute office hours. If filling out your form the first day of classes, please arrive in the office at least 15 minutes before the beginning of class. Students under 18 need a parent/guardian signature.
Pre-Registration is requested of all students. Students pre-register for classes by calling or emailing Dance Institute's office. The information needed at the time of pre-registration is the student's name, birthdate, and parent's contact information.
Placement for Pre-Professional Levels
Placement allows Dance Institute’s instructors and manager to determine the level in which students not currently enrolled in Dance Institute would be appropriately scheduled within Dance Institute’s program.
Placement is required for:
- New students ages 8 and up with previous dance training
- Summer Intensive Only students
- Former Dance Institute students not enrolled during the previous year
The Placement process consists of:
- Completion and submission of the Placement Form to the office
- Payment of the Placement Fee
- Participation in a Dance Institute class
The Placement Fee with Pre-Registration is $20.00.
The Placement Fee without Pre-Registration is $30.00.
Placement for students registering in Dance Institute for the Fall or Spring semester may be scheduled by contacting the office.
Summer Intensive Only students may attend a Dance Institute class on the first Saturday in February, March or April or on the first Sunday in May. Placement for the Summer Intensive may also be scheduled on an individual basis.
Summer Intensive Only students living outside the northeast Ohio area may submit a video as part of the Placement process. Please call the office regarding required video content.