Again for 2014, Training Services is offering Springboard Open Lab sessions. The number of session dates was increased and scheduled at the beginning of the semester.
Bring your questions and course files to any morning, afternoon, or evening session. The sessions will be held in Computer Center 141. Here is the schedule for upcoming sessions:
- Friday, Aug. 22, 9 a.m. to noon
- Friday, Aug. 22, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 25, 1 to 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 26, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 27, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 28, 9 a.m. to noon
- Friday, Aug. 29, 9 a.m. to noon
- Friday, Aug. 29, 1 to 4 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 19, 9 a.m. to noon
To register for a Springboard Open Lab, visit Training Seminars. The Web page is set to display the upcoming six weeks of seminars. To view beyond six weeks, do the following:
- Click in the "Subject"
- Select "Springboard Open Lab"
- In the "Month/Year" box, select any month
- Click update
- Available seminar sessions will appear
Springboard Open Lab is a facilitated lab in which participants are provided support in managing active Springboard courses. During the Open Lab session, a lab facilitator circulates to answer questions or provides guidance and support.
Open Lab is where you go to have uninterrupted "quiet time" spent working on your class site and to get technical assistance for your Springboard questions. In Open Lab, we will either answer your questions or connect you with someone who can.
Note: Springboard Open Lab is not a lecture-based seminar. For lecture-based seminars, please register for the Content, Gradebook-&-Dropbox, or Quizzes seminars offered on the seminars site.
For questions, please contact psTrain@uakron.edu or Dean Shultz, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 7843.