Food Allergies & Special Diets
Food allergies and special diet needs are becoming more common. University Dining Services has your health and safety in mind when handling your special diet.
- Contact our General Manager of Residential Dining Operations, Robin Hadnett, at 330-972-5592. A meeting will be scheduled with you to discuss your diet needs and put you in touch with our Chef and appropriate staff.
- Robertson Dining Commons offers an Allergy Friendly Zone with food selections to accommodate most food allergies and dedicated food equipment. Food can be specially prepared upon request, as well.
- Robertson Dining Commons’ full-time staff has undergone allergy training and use dedicated cooking equipment for food preparation to avoid cross-contact. Look for the employees in purple aprons for food allergy assistance.
- The dining hall also defines foods containing the eight most common food allergens by providing signage at each station.
- Zees convenience stores offer an array of gluten-free and peanut-free selections.
- Your dining plan purchase gives you access to our Partners in Nutrition program, free of charge. This program can provide counseling and guidance for your special diet.
- Be aware of the potential for cross-contact and choose products that you know are safe for your particular food allergy/ intolerance. If you have any doubts, please ask!
- Always be prepared for the unexpected. It is important to always carry your medications.