Location and Directions
Department of Polymer Engineering
Polymer Engineering Academic Center
The University of Akron
250 South Forge Street
Akron, OH 44325-0301
Click here for Campus Map
From the North, Taking I-77
- Follow the signs for I-77 south into Akron; then follow the signs indicating I-76 east. Take the left fork off I 76 east to Route 8 north. The first exit off Route 8 is The University of Akron.
From the North, Taking Route 8
- Exit at Buchtel Avenue/ University of Akron.
From the South, Taking I-77/Route 8
- Follow The University of Akron exit off Route 8 marked Buchtel Avenue/Carroll Street.
From the West, Taking I-76
- Follow I-76 east into Akron.
- Take the left fork off I-76 east to Route 8 north.
- The first exit off Route 8 is The University of Akron.
From the East, Taking I-76
- Follow I-76 west into Akron. Take the right fork off I-76 west to Route 8 north. The first exit off Route 8 is The University of Akron.
GETTING TO AKRON
UA is 13 miles from the Akron-Canton Regional Airport and 40 miles from the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, which both serve major airlines.
Greyhound Bus Service provides transportation to Akron from most major cities in the country. The Metro Regional Transit Authority provides bus transportation in the Greater Akron area.