Sidney L. Olson Research Center
The Sidney L. Olson Research Center, adjacent to the new Polymer Engineering Academic Center, houses both the Institute of Polymer Engineering and the Department of Biomedical Engineering. The four-floor Center is 72,340 square feet and has 119 rooms. The building was completed in 1928, but The University of Akron did not acquire it until 1979. Olson primarily provides space for the operation and housing of laboratories, instrumentation and equipment required for polymer engineering research.