- 1987 Ph.D., Physics, University of Chicago
- 1982 B.S., Physics, Wuhan University, China
Dr. Wang's Research Website
Polymer physics and engineering: Rheological and rheo-optical properties of polymer melts, blends and solutions; polymer dynamics; processing, flow phenomena and effects in both commercial and model polymeric (amorphous and semi-crystalline) materials; fracture and mechanical properties of polymers.
Dr. Shi-Qing Wang
The University of Akron
Department of Polymer Science
Akron, Ohio 44325-3909
Voice: (330) 972-7108
Fax: (330) 972-5290
- "Nonlinear rheology of entangled polymers at turning point", S. Q. Wang, Opinion Article, Soft Matter 11, 1454 (2015).
- "Rheology of entangled polymers not far above glass transition temperature: transient elasticity and inter-segmental viscous stress", H. Sun and S. Q. Wang, Macromolecules 47, 5839 (2014).
- "Coupled effect of orientation, stretching and retraction on the dimension of entangled Polymer chains during startup shear", Y. Y. Lu, L. J. An, S. Q. Wang and Z. G. Wang, Macromolecules 47, 5432 (2014).
- "Strain hardening during uniaxial compression of polymer glasses", P. P. Lin, S. W. Cheng and S. Q. Wang, ACS Macro Lett. 3, 784 (2014).
- "Letter to the Editor: Sufficiently entangled polymers do show shear strain localization at high enough Weissenberg numbers", S. Q. Wang, G. X. Liu, S. W. Cheng, P. E. Boukany, Y. Y. Wang and X. Li, J. Rheol. 58, 1059 (2014).
- "A phenomenological molecular model for brittle-ductile transition and yielding of polymer glasses", S. Q. Wang, S. W. Cheng, P. P. Lin and X. X. Li, J. Chem. Phys. 141, 094905 (2014).
- "Origin of stress overshoot during startup shear of entangled polymer melts", Y. Y. Lu, L. J. An, S. Q. Wang and Z. G. Wang, ACS Macro Lett. 3, 569 (2014).
- "Elastic yielding after cold drawing of ductile polymer glasses", S. W. Cheng and S. Q. Wang, Macromolecules 47, 3661 (2014).
- "Long chain branching in pom-pom polystyrene to prolong homogeneous stretching and to resist breakup", G. X. Liu et al. Polymer 54, 6008 (2013).
- "Strain hardening in startup shear of long-chain branched polymer solutions", G. X. Liu et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 068302 (2013).
- "Evolution of chain conformation and entanglements during startup shear", Y. Y. Lu, L. J. An, S. Q. Wang and Z. G. Wang, ACS Macro Lett. 2, 561 (2013).
- "Crazing and strain localization of polycarbonate glass in creep", S. W. Cheng, L. Johnson, S. Q. Wang, Polymer 54, 3363 (2013).
- "Breakdown of time-temperature equivalence in startup uniaxial extension of entangled polymer melts", H. Sun and S. Q. Wang, Macromolecules 46, 4151 (2013).
- "New experiments for improved theoretical description of nonlinear rheology of entangled polymers", S. Q. Wang, Y. Y. Wang, S. W. Cheng, X. Li, X. Y. Zhu and H. Sun, Macromolecules 46, 3147 (2013).
- "Elastic yielding in cold drawn polymer glasses well below the glass transition temperature", S. W. Cheng and S. Q. Wang, Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 065506 (2013).
- "Exploring shear yielding and strain localization at the die entry during extrusion of entangled melts", X. Y. Zhu and S. Q. Wang, J. Rheol. 57, 349 (2013).
- "Mechanisms for different failure modes in startup uniaxial extension: tensile (rupture-like) failure and necking", X. Y. Zhu and S. Q. Wang, J. Rheol. 57, 223 (2013).
- "Studying the origin of 'strain hardening': basic difference between extension and shear", G. Liu , H. Sun , S. Rangou , K. Ntetsikas , A. Avgeropoulos and S. Q. Wang, J. Rheol. 57, 89 (2013).
- American Physical Society
- Society of Rheology
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Fellow of American Physical Society (1997)
- Fellow of American Association for the Advancement of Science (2014)
See information at www.uakron.edu/rheology.
Faculty Profile [PDF]