College of Education receives RooNited award
The College of Education was recognized as the unit on campus with the greatest increase in United Way contributions for the 2014 campaign. The RooNited Award was presented to Dr. Phil Martucci, Steering Committee Member from the COE. United Way contributions support local programs to advance the common good of residents of Summit County through education, financial stability, healthcare and healthy environments, and basic human services. Thank you to all who contributed to United Way!
Outstanding Faculty and Distinguished Alumni
The College of Education and the Education Alumni Board will honor the 2015 Outstanding Faculty and Distinguished Alumni at the 23rd Annual Awards Dinner on April 7.
The 2015 Outstanding Faculty Award recipients are:
- Outstanding Teaching Award: Dr. Kristin L. Koskey, associate professor, Educational Foundations and Leadership
- Outstanding Teaching Award: Dr. Alfred W. Daviso III, assistant professor, Curricular & Instructional Studies
- Outstanding Service Award: Karen B. Plaster, clinical instructor, Curricular & Instructional Studies
- Outstanding Research Award: Dr. Gary M. Holliday, assistant professor, Curricular & Instructional Studies
The 2015 Distinguished Education Alumni recipients are:
- Russell A. Chaboudy ’87, superintendent, Coventry Local Schools
- Dale R. Fortner ’90, superintendent, retired, Wadsworth City Schools
- Aaron J. Galpert ’80, ’81, athletic trainer, Akron Children’s Hospital
- Michelle D. Jones ’00, ’05, teacher, Akron Public Schools
In addition, the Community Partner Award will be presented to the Cuyahoga County Public Library.
Congratulations to all!
Preadmission Advising for those entering the College of Education is available in Central Hower 303. Hours are:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 8:30 am - 4:00 pm by appointment only
- Tuesday, Thursday - 8:30 am - 4:00 pm walk-in advising
College of Education Scholarship
Application open from March 1-31
Firefox or Safari are the preferred browsers.
If you are unable to access the application, please contact (330) 972-2114.
|Licensure and Testing|
|Student Teaching & Field Experiences|
|Woodrow Wilson Ohio Teaching Fellowship|
- July 21, 2015
Youth Summer Camp: Think Tank to Shark Tank
- April 07, 2015
Distinguished Education Alumni and Faculty Awards Dinner
Education scholarship applications now being accepted
The application period for College of Education scholarships is now open.
Barker Scholars sought
The H. Kenneth Barker Center for Economic Education seeks qualified educators who share the passion for advancing personal finance and economic education in Pk-12.
Center for Child Development offers tuition break to alumni
To further celebrate the 45th anniversary of The Center for Child Development, UA alumni will receive a complimentary discount in child care tuition during the calendar year 2015.