Bi-Annual Sport Studies Career Conference04/09/2013
The Sport Science Academy from the Department of Sport Science & Wellness Education recently sponsored a career conference for students interested in sport studies
The Bi-Annual Sport Studies Career Conference was held on April 19th from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. at Infocision Stadium.
- Jim Tressel, Vice President for Strategic Engagement, University of Akron
- Mark Gore - General Manager, Firestone Country Club
- John Simpson – Marketing Manager, Pittsburgh Steelers
- A diverse panel of keynote speakers including
- Michael DelMedico – Athletic Director, Archbishop Hoban High School
- Emily Wollet – Assistant Director of Athletics, Youngstown State University
- Chris Sumner – Group Sales Manager, Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- John Ruyf – Group Events Specialist, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Brad Swanson – Director of Athletics Marketing, University of Akron
Students were able to hear from and network with professionals in the field and gained valuable experience. The event was FREE for all.