How to Apply: Master's Programs
How to Apply to the Master's Degree Programs
The Master of Arts in Elementary, Secondary and Special Education is for licensed teachers who wish to extend their knowledge and competence in their respective fields.
Admission requirements for the M.A. program include:
- Hold a teaching certificate.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or better.
- Provisional admission may be granted to those students who have a 2.5-2.74 GPA.
The Master of Science program is for persons not holding a teaching credential and is open to highly qualified students who hold a B.A., B.F.A., or B.S. degree who wish to attain licensure to teach.
Admission requirements include:
- An overall 2.75 GPA
- Provisional admission may be granted to those students who have a 2.5 to 2.74 GPA
In addition to the Graduate School application, applicants must meet the following College of Education criteria for Teacher Licensure Programs:
- Completed teacher education program application
- Evidence of competency in reading comprehension, writing, and mathematics
- Speech and hearing test
- Evidence of basic computer literacy
- Two letters of recommendation
- BCI (Bureau of Criminal Investigation) and FBI clearance
Application to Graduate School and College of Education should be made simultaneously. Visit the Office of Student Services, Zook Hall 207, call (330) 972-7750 for more detailed information about admission criteria.