Teaching Endorsement within the Master's in Instructional Technology degree program
The Graduate K-12 Computer / Technology Endorsement is intended for teachers who wish to serve as a technology integration mentor / facilitator for colleagues in their schools and districts. The endorsement is obtained through an application process to the Ohio Department of Education and upon approval will be added to your teaching license.
Graduate K-12 Computer/Technology Facilitation Endorsement
This endorsement is only available to individuals who currently have or who are simultaneously getting an initial Ohio license/certificate e.g. in Early Childhood, Middle Level Science, Adolescent/Young Adult Social Studies, etc.). This endorsement can be completed with a Master's Degree in Instructional Technology in the Department of Educational Foundations and Leadership. Individual school districts, not the State of Ohio or The University of Akron, determine the extent to which the endorsement is applicable to their needs and requirements.
Required Courses for the Graduate K-12 Computer/Technology Endorsement
- Coursework needs to have been completed in the past 6 years to qualify for the endorsement.
- If you received the Instructional Technology Master's Degree from The University of Akron in 2002 or after, please contact Dr. Cheryl Ward for additional requirements (coursework at UAkron) in order to obtain the endorsement.
|5150:610||Introduction to Instructional Technology||3|
|5150:614||Planning for Technology||3|
|5150:632||Web-Based Learning Systems||3|
|5150:638||Integrating and Implementing Technology||3|
|18 semester hours required||3|
Procedures for Applying for the Graduate K-12 Computer Technology Facilitation Endorsement
- Download the Technology Facilitation Endorsement Form - Word format - PDF format
- Enter your name and the semester/grade information on the form.
- Check your transcripts to determine if you have completed the required courses within the required time limitation of 6 years.
- Scan and send a copy of the form to Dr. Cheryl Ward electronically, or take a hard copy to the Educational Foundations and Leadership Office, Central Hower 313B.
- Approval will require that the eportfolio be completed.
- Obtain the correct Endorsement Application from Dr. Jaci Wilbanks, Licensure Coordinator in the Office of Student Services (Central Hower 303K) and complete the necessary information. A photocopy of your teaching license will be required.
- Submit all the application materials and the signed approval form to the Licensure Coordinator, Office of Student Services, Central Hower 303.
Ohio Assessment for Educators
The Ohio Department of Education has added a required OAE (Ohio Assessment for Educators) for the K-12 Computer/Technology Endorsement. More information is available here