About the Program
This 30-hour graduate online degree program will develop skills in the design of effective technology-enhanced instruction, the production of multimedia learning resources and the planning for successful integration and implementation of technology into the teaching and learning experience. The program coursework is presented in a fully online format.
Read all of our Points of Pride!
Instructional Technology program ranked among the best
The University of Akron's online Master in Educational Foundations emphasizing Instructional Technology degree has been ranked among the best in an article entitled "The 25 Best Online Master in Educational Technology Degree Programs" by TheBestSchools.org.
Why is our program distinctive in Ohio?
- It is very focused on real-world problem solving directly related to the job market.
- Our students are exceptionally successful in securing jobs in their fields or advancing in their current positions.
- It is based on national standards and is standards/competency based.
- Students’ work is problem-based and teamwork is essential to success, just as it is in the real world.
- This year, 100% of the students who took the Ohio Assessment for Teachers (a new required assessment at the state level) passed and obtained an endorsement on their teaching certificate.
- The program is fully online and students use a variety of web 2.0 tools for collaborative learning, including our university LMS.