Zook Hall, home of the LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education, offers five technology-enhanced classrooms, including a distance education classroom. All classrooms have a Smartboard and projection. There is also a computer lab with PC laptops and Apple desktops for student use. Students may borrow laptops or video cameras for short-term use in Zook 238. A University ID and university email account are required. Call us at (330) 972-5316 to reserve a room or check on equipment availability.
Instructional Technology Organizations and Associations
Each organization listed below sponsors an annual conference. For dates and details visit the website.
- AERA (American Educational Research Association) is an important touchstone for anyone interested in educational research.
- ASTD (American Society for Training and Development) focuses on the practical application of ID in corporate and business training environments.
- ISPI (International Society for Performance Improvement) has a similar focus on corporate training.
- AECT (Association for Educational Communications and Technology) is the major organization for academics in educational and instructional technology.
- AACE (Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education) sponsors some useful conferences.
- Indiana University School of Education - The IST program at IU is superlative, as are many of the other programs offered by the School of Education at IU.
Groups and Individuals
- InTro (Instructional Technology On-Line) - provides a clearing house for electronic articles on IT.
- Theory into Practice (TIP) - a tool intended to make learning and instructional theory more accessible to educators. This site lists the major theories that influence teaching and learning.
- Students in South Africa assembled a web-based Who's Who in Instructional Technology.
Professional Journals in Instructional Technology
Theory and Research
- British Journal of Educational Technology
- Educational Technology & Society
- Educational Technology Research and Development
- Journal of the Learning Sciences
- Journal of Research on Technology in Education
- Review of Educational Research
- Educause Review
- Journal of Educational Computing Research
- Learning and Leading with Technology
- Phi Delta Kappan
- Performance Improvement Journal (from ISPI home page, click on "Publications")
- Performance Improvement Quarterly (from ISPI home page, click on "Publications")
- Training and Development (T+D)