The following skill-set describes the overall goals of both the master's and certificate programs in Assessment and Evaluation:
- Designing and implementing formative and summative assessments;
- Analyzing and interpreting assessment data to improve teaching and learning;
- Applying evaluation theory and diverse approaches in authentic settings;
- Implementing assessment and evaluation to impact practices in classroom, school, and district level;
- Locating, analyzing, interpreting, and using multiple data sources to make data-evidenced decisions.