The Principalship degree is a graduate program of study, so the first step is to apply for admission to the Graduate School at The University of Akron.
Criteria for Admission
- Completed application to Graduate School (with official transcripts)
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a 2.75 GPA, or 3.00 GPA for the last two years (64 semester credits or equivalent)
- Official transcripts from previously attended colleges or universities
- BCII/FBI Clearance - Refer to the Office of Certification and Licensure in the College of Education for more information
- A valid teaching license is required for admission.
- Three years of experience under a valid Ohio teacher license or equivalent before applying for the principalship license.
- Applicants must be employed as a teacher or other school professional to complete the coursework.
The Department of Educational Foundations and Leadership requires no supplemental materials in addition to submission of the graduate application and official transcripts for admission to the master's degree program in Principalship.
Applications to the master's degree program in Principalship are accepted on a rolling basis.
Graduate assistantships may be available through the Department of Educational Foundations and Leadership. New students may indicate on their Online Application for Admission that they would like to be considered for an assistantship. Current students must contact their academic department for application information.
Each department may have different requirements for their assistantship applicants, so all students should contact their academic department to see what other requirements they may have to fulfill. All assistantships (and any fellowships) are awarded through the individual departments. Applications and additional information can be found on the Graduate School website.
- How to Apply
- Program Details
- Required Coursework
- Graduate Testimonials
- Additional Information
|Dr. Susan G. Clark
|Dr. Ann Hassenpflug
|Mrs. Patricia Raiff
|Ms. Kelly Chaff
Student Services Counselor
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Curricular & Instructional Studies
- Educational Foundations & Leadership