Resources for Teaching and Training Technical Professionals Students
Theory and Research
- Performance Improvement Journal (from ISPI homepage, click on "Publications")
- Training and Development (T+D)
- American Society for Training & Development (ASTD)
Distance Education/ Distance Learning
- American Technical Education Association (ATEA)
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC)
- Ohio Association of Community Colleges (OACC)
- Ohio Association of Two-Year Colleges
Program Development and Evaluation Resources: National and State (Ohio)
- American Society for Training and Development - Those who are members may use research database for job/task analysis
- National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education - Career Clusters. This site provides resources on 16 career clusters such as Business Administration; Hospitality; etc.
- US Department of Labor, Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration - This site assists businesses, workers, and job seekers to help build a better workforce system. Tools and resources on this site assist workforce professionals in the development of America's workforce.
- US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor and Statistics - Includes information from the Occupational Outlook Handbook; Labor Force/Workforce Demographics; Occupational Wages and Earnings.
- O*NET in Action State and National links - Occupational Information Network
- National Resource for Global Standards - American National Standards Institute- Includes occupations such as medical technology, air conditioning, American Dental Association, welding, manufacturing technology.
- Office of Vocational and Adult Education - Includes links to current Federal legislation offering workforce education and training; national cities US Department of Labor; Occupational and Career Information; National Skills Standards Board.
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Adult and Career and Vocational Education
- International Society for Performance Improvement
- American Association of Community Colleges
- Human Resources Research Organization
- Vocational Curriculum Resources - Provides links to career-technical curriculum resources including actual curriculum, occupational standards, competencies, lesson plans, V-Techs, curriculum materials/resources, including occupational health and safety tools, resources and Equipment
- Career and Technical Education Consortium of States (CTECS)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH)
- Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) - This government site is where all those CIP coded information goes. This is the classification the government uses to count how many people complete postsecondary programs.
- Multistate Academic and Vocational Curriculum Consortium (MAVCC)
- Ohio Career Information System - Provides a list of colleges and schools in Ohio that offer a particular program
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
- Office of Career and Technical Education, Ohio Department of Education, Tech Prep
- Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools
- Ohio Community College Profiles
- Develop a Curriculum (DACUM) at Ohio State