Resources for Teaching and Training Technical Professionals Students
Theory and Research
- Performance Improvement Journal (from ISPI homepage, click on "Publications")
- Training and Development (T+D)
- American Society for Training & Development (ASTD)
Distance Education/ Distance Learning
- American Technical Education Association (ATEA)
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC)
- Ohio Association of Community Colleges (OACC)
- Ohio Association of Two-Year Colleges
Program Development and Evaluation Resources: National and State (Ohio)
- American Society for Training and Development - Those who are members may use research database for job/task analysis
- National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education - Career Clusters. This site provides resources on 16 career clusters such as Business Administration; Hospitality; etc.
- US Department of Labor, Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration - This site assists businesses, workers, and job seekers to help build a better workforce system. Tools and resources on this site assist workforce professionals in the development of America's workforce.
- US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor and Statistics - Includes information from the Occupational Outlook Handbook; Labor Force/Workforce Demographics; Occupational Wages and Earnings.
- O*NET in Action State and National links - Occupational Information Network
- National Resource for Global Standards - American National Standards Institute- Includes occupations such as medical technology, air conditioning, American Dental Association, welding, manufacturing technology.
- Office of Vocational and Adult Education - Includes links to current Federal legislation offering workforce education and training; national cities US Department of Labor; Occupational and Career Information; National Skills Standards Board.
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Adult and Career and Vocational Education
- International Society for Performance Improvement
- American Association of Community Colleges
- Human Resources Research Organization
- Vocational Curriculum Resources - Provides links to career-technical curriculum resources including actual curriculum, occupational standards, competencies, lesson plans, V-Techs, curriculum materials/resources, including occupational health and safety tools, resources and Equipment
- Career and Technical Education Consortium of States (CTECS)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (OOH)
- Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) - This government site is where all those CIP coded information goes. This is the classification the government uses to count how many people complete postsecondary programs.
- Multistate Academic and Vocational Curriculum Consortium (MAVCC)
- Ohio Career Information System - Provides a list of colleges and schools in Ohio that offer a particular program
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
- Office of Career and Technical Education, Ohio Department of Education, Tech Prep
- Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools
- Ohio Community College Profiles
- Develop a Curriculum (DACUM) at Ohio State
Employment with Your Teaching and Training Technical Professionals Degree or Certificate
There are numerous online resources available to find teaching, training, and IT jobs. We will also post positions that are brought to our attention here.
Postsecondary Technical Teaching
American Technical Education Association (ATEA) website
Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- HigherEd Jobs.com
- The University of Akron
- Career Resources Homepage
- California State University-Chico
General Job Search Sites
- Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Curricular & Instructional Studies
- Educational Foundations & Leadership
- About the Department
- Meet the EFL Faculty & Staff
- Sport Science and Wellness Education