New employee rates and discounts at the Center for Child Development
The Center for Child Development is excited to offer UA families early childhood programming options for the academic school year.
You can experience the opportunity of having your children in a safe, convenient environment while at the same time receiving the best of a nationally accredited university lab school experience. Our teachers are caring, highly skilled professionals who implement research-based curriculum in fun and engaging ways.
We are offering discounts and new rates for UA faculty, employees, and student parents. Our "Wise Owl" registration discount ends Aug. 1. Contact Sophia Kraus, interim center director, for more information at ext. 8210.
- STEAM-based learning (inquiry based learning in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics)
- Music and literacy enrichments (included with the cost of tuition)
- Both full and part week programming options
- Pre-kindergarten readiness program
- Electronic daily program summary reports, daily/weekly progress updates/ parent-teacher conferences
- Enrichment activities throughout the school year
- Summer camp programming (for children up to 11 years of age)
The Center for Child Development offers both Toddler and Preschool programs. Our bright, cheerful classrooms offer quality programs and learning experiences for each child, based on the Creative Curriculum framework. Our teachers meet all licensing requirements by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
Learn about our programs through the links below, and meet our staff!
The Center for Child Development
108 Fir Hill
Akron, OH 44325-1802
Fax: (330) 972-6034
The Center is licensed by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services and is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- A Welcome from the Director
- Safety Meeting Video
- Download the Center Brochure
- Where is the Center for Child Development located?
- Calendar of events
- Enroll Your Child
- Preschool and Toddler Application
- Camp Owlet Summer Camp - Contact the Center for enrollment.
Information for College Student Observers and Field Practicum
The Center for Child Development is a lab school associated with The University of Akron. Students from several departments on the campus come to the Center in order to complete field experience and observation hours. In order to complete observations and field hours documentation may be required.
Please note: ALL students completing observations at the Center must have a BCII background check and TB test
Please contact your instructor for other requirements. You may also contact the Interim Director if you have any questions regarding documentation or to receive necessary forms via email.