About the Preschool Program
The Preschool Program is available for children ages 3 to 5 years. Children must be toilet trained prior to enrollment in the Preschool Program, and they may be enrolled either full-time or part-time.
A maximum of 18 children can be in attendance at any given time in Preschool rooms. Our teacher-to-child ratio for Room 3 is 1:9.
The Creative Curriculum® framework is designed to meet the specific needs of your child. Children are provided a variety of approaches that helps support growth in all developmental domains and specific content areas. Learning occurs throughout daily planned investigations and play-based activities. Teachers also use assessments and classroom observations to help create an individual learning plan for your child.
What Children Are Learning
- Social Studies
- The Arts
- Health and Safety
- Physical Skills
There are three classrooms dedicated to the Preschool Program: Room 3, Room 5, and Room 6.
- Children may be enrolled either full-time or part-time.
- The classroom is in operation during the academic year only (August-May).
- If summer enrollment is desired, the child may be moved to a full-time preschool classroom at the discretion of the Center Director.
Head Start Teacher
- Room 5 is a full-time Preschool room for children 3-5 years of age.
- Room 5 operates year-round, Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Head Teacher, Room 5
- Room 6 is a full-time Preschool classroom for children ages 4-5 years.
- Room 6 operates year-round, Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Head Teacher, Room 6
Assistant Teacher, Room 6
Head Start Asst. Teacher, Room 6