Welcome to the Clinic for Individual and Family Counseling
The Clinic is a state-of-the-art counseling training/service center, operating on The University of Akron campus.
Since 1986, the Clinic has provided counseling services to Greater Akron and its surrounding communities.
Our missions are:
- To provide high quality, low cost (or free) mental health services to the Greater Akron area
Counseling is provided to individuals of all ages, couples, families and groups.
- To provide state-of-the-art advanced training in mental health
Under the supervision of qualified faculty members, master’s and doctoral students receive professional mental health training experiences including assessment and evaluation, diagnosis, treatment planning, case consultation, and diverse approaches to counseling
Learn about other College of Education Centers that serve the local community.
The Clinic is located in the C.P. and Cornelia Chima Family Center on The University of Akron campus.
27 S. Forge Street, 2nd Floor
Akron, OH 44325
- Center for Urban and Higher Education
- Center for Literacy
- Center for Child Development
- Clinic for Individual and Family Counseling