- Individual, couples, family, and group counseling to the Greater Akron area.
- Our focus is on wellness and personal growth using holistic treatment approaches.
Clinic services include, but are not limited to:
- Communication and relationship improvement
- Pre-marital and couples counseling
- Family development and parenting skills
- Career exploration and planning
- Academic improvement for children/adolescents
- Resolution of grief/loss
- Anger management
- Stress reduction and relaxation
- LGBT and lifestyle empowerment and advocacy
- Self-esteem and self-confidence building
- Personal understanding and growth
Because we are a training facility focused on personal growth, the Clinic does not provide formal psychological/court evaluations or custody/legal recommendations.
We value respect for diversity in all forms. Therefore, clients will not be discriminated against because of non-clinical factors related to age, sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, physical exceptionalities, culture, religion, nationality, socioeconomic status, or sexual orientation.
The Clinic is located in the C.P. and Cornelia Chima Family Center on The University of Akron campus.
27 S. Forge Street, 2nd Floor
Akron, OH 44325
- Center for Urban and Higher Education
- Center for Literacy
- Center for Child Development
- Clinic for Individual and Family Counseling