The Franco-American Teachers-in-Training Institute has established the following goals:
- Enable acquisition of pedagogical, cultural, and linguistic knowledge, cross-cultural experience, problem-solving skills, and flexibility.
- Advocate the necessity of global agents who will work to find better solutions to universal educational challenges
- Foster the development of productive, engaged, and critical citizens for tomorrow.
- Work to increase mutual understanding between France and the United States.
- Advance professional growth and development in teaching, research and service in international and cross-cultural education.
The following objectives assist the Institute in meeting the established goals:
- Explore best practices in teaching diverse socio-economic populations.
- Facilitate discussion and comparison of pedagogical issues of significance regarding educational systems.
- Examine a variety of instructional strategies, nature and use of assessment, complexities of multiculturalism, and effective integration of technology.
- Investigate enrichment possibilities presented through community involvement in the schools.
- Provide opportunities to interact with educational professionals from another culture in the:
- establishment of an ongoing dialogue
- expansion of professional network to an international level
- development of collaborative initiatives