The Role of Mentor Teachers
The Franco-American Teachers-in-Training Institute offers an intensive teaching internship to entry-level Social Studies, Science and Physical Education teachers from France. This cooperative experience grants educators from France and the United States an opportunity to explore and share best practices, discuss pedagogical issues, examine instruction, assessment, multiculturalism & technology, investigate the idea of school as a community, establish an ongoing dialogue and expand their professional networks.
What does a mentor teacher do?
- Create an open and inviting classroom environment
- Permit the teacher-in-training to take-on the responsibility of two classes per day for 8 or 9 weeks.
- Prepare students to receive instruction from a non-native English speaker
- Assist teachers-in-training in meeting their objectives
- Provide regular constructive feedback
- Complete a mid-term and final evaluation
- Share, learn & enjoy!