Katie Regan is a technology integration specialist and Model Schools coordinator. Before focusing on technology integration, she was previously an English teacher in the Central New York area for eight years.
She is passionate about taking risks in technology innovation in the classroom to prepare students for future learning and engage children in all aspects of their education.
Katie is a committee chairperson for NYSCATE, New York State Association for Computers and Technology in Education, with whom she helps plan conferences, presents, and facilitates workshops. She also provides professional development for instructional technology for teachers and other educational professionals. She was a Keynote at this years NYSCATE conference.
Katie is passionate about social media in education, mobile learning (#mlearning) Google apps for Ed (#GAFE), Chromebooks and Google Apps scripts (#GScriptChat). Other areas of interest are HTML, screencasting, video editing, flipped classroom, and a host of other technology tools.
The Center for Literacy and Saint Joseph Academy in Cleveland, Ohio have partnered to bring you our first Chromebook Camp sponsored by Promevo. This BYOD event will be full of fun and inspiration for educators, administrators and other educational professionals looking to leverage Google Apps for Education (GAFE) and the power of the cloud!
We are planning a full day of sessions at The University of Akron's Lakewood Campus with Google Apps Certified Teachers and Trainers who will facilitate and lead collaboration and sharing focused on how Google Apps for Education can be used to expand transliteracy skills in the content areas.
Featuring a 3 tiered breakout session track with some of Ohio’s best Goggle Apps for Education teachers and administrators!
Strand: Getting Started with GAFE
- Chrome/Apps/ Extensions/Sync and Flipping
- Get Organized with Google’s Email & Calendar
- Google Drive - Collaborative Documents and Beyond!
- Google Sites as a Classroom Portal & ePortfolio
Strand: Chrome for the Classroom
- Chrome Apps & Extensions for Struggling Learners
- Creating Online Comics and Interactive Stories with Google Slides
- Digital Formative Assessment Tools
- Using Google Docs to Improve the Writing Process
Strand: Chromebooks in Education
- Best Google Apps Scripts for Education
- Screencasting, Video / Audio Recording, and Editing in YouTube
- Management Console, User Management & Device Enrollment
- Planning, Implementation and Rollout Panel Discussion/Q & A
- Early Bird Registration (before April 1, 2014) $110
- Workshop Registration (April 1, 2014 and after) $125
SCHOOL or DISTRICT PACKAGE
- Early Bird Registration (before April 1, 2014) $500 for a group of 5
- Workshop Registration (April 1, 2014 and after) $550 for a group of 5
- 1 graduate credit is available for this workshop for an additional $150 fee
Beginning with the 2013-14 academic year, Saint Joseph Academy is implementing a one-to-one (1:1) digital learning initiative utilizing Google Chromebooks, known as SJA+. Every student is issued a Chromebook to be used in the classroom, as well as at home, for educational purposes. For the past three years, teachers at Saint Joseph Academy have been trained to use various technologies for instruction, assignments, projects, research, and assessment in preparation for this learning initiative. Learn more about SJA+