Cost and Registration
One–Day workshop at The University of Akron cost is $125 per individual.
Group Rate – register 5 participants from the same school or organization for the reduced rate of $600.
Registration is limited to 150 attendees. Sign up now to reserve a space at the iPad Symposium!
One (1) Graduate Workshop Credit available for an additional cost of $150 through the College of Education Office of Outreach & Professional Learning.
Any cancellations after 11:00 AM on 5/9/2013 will not be eligible for a refund.
Questions or Comments? Email Lori Vargo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330-972-7708.
This is a tentative list. Topics are subject to change.
- Teacher Productivity with the iPad
- Unleash Student Creativity with the iPad
- Apps for Differentiation
- Mobile Learning and Music: Get Your iOS On!
- Student-Created Multimedia eBooks on the iPad
- Creating and Editing Student Videos for any Subject Area
- Let’s Meet: Exploring and Using Meeting Apps for Collaboration
- Express Yourself: Helping Your Students Become Digital Authors
- Using the iPad to Promote Science Education
- Connecting Classrooms (Skype, Twitter, Edmondo and more)
- Classroom Management with the iPad
- Apps for the Common Core
About the Symposium
The Center for Literacy has organized an exciting array of workshops and hands-on sessions to help Ohio teachers and administrators identify and share best practices for integrating iPads the preK-12 classroom. Join some of Ohio's leading iPad educators to learn activities and assessment strategies aligned to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and the National Educational Technology Standards for Teachers and Students.
The iPad Symposium is an intense one-day series of hands-on workshops designed to inspire and equip educators to facilitate student digital learning projects using iPads. Participants should BYOI (bring your own iPad) to the symposium. The iPad Symposium is led and facilitated by the Center for Literacy in conjunction with the most talented educators & administrators in Ohio! Many of our presenters are Apple Distinguished Educators.
When: Saturday, May 11, 2013
Where: On the campus of The University of Akron
8:00 – 8:30 Registration & Introductions
8:30 – 11:50 Morning Workshops
12:00 – 12:50 Lunch on your own
1:00 – 4:00 Afternoon Workshops
Who Should Attend
- K-12 educators
- Instructional Technology Specialists
- Technology Directors
- Curriculum Directors
- Library-Media Specialists
- Principals and Administrators
- School Board Members
- Special Education Specialists
- Undergraduate and Graduate Students
Download an iPad Symposium Flyer to display or distribute at your school.