Service learning is a method of teaching, learning, and sharing. It connects service experiences with academic learning. Your service learning experience will be an important step toward your future as a classroom teacher. This website will provide information to support you during that experience. Please note: This service learning website applies only to teacher candidates enrolled in the following reading course:
5500:245, Understanding Literacy Development and Phonics
We wish you continued success as you pursue your academic career goals!
Let's Get Started!
Here are some questions to get you started in service learning:
Requirements and Procedures
- Registration - How to register for service learning
- Requirements - What is required of a service learner
- Ethical Guidelines - Code of conduct for service learners
- Site Selection - What to know before you select a site
- The Partner Community - Schools and community agencies that participate in service learning
Service Learning Forms
You will need these forms to participate in a service learning experience. Download them in either PDF or Word format.
|Service Learning Site Mentor Letter||Word|
|Service Learning Evaluation Sheet||Word|
|Service Learning Contact Placement Sheet||Word|
|Service Learning Record of Participation||Word|
|Service Learning Site Visitation Plan|
|Service Learning Rubric|