What to Know Before Selecting a Service Learning Site
- Each preservice teacher must perform his/her hours from a list of designated and approved University of Akron partnering sites. These sites will be posted on the Service Learning Matrix located outside Zook 1.
- Service learners may not complete their experiences at their place of employment.
- Observation hours which have been conducted in other classes may not be counted as part of a service learning requirement.
- Service learning has discontinued the practice of site exceptions unless there are extenuating circumstances. If you are requesting an exception, you must provide appropriate documentation, and a formal letter requesting a site exception.
- Students have available site selections from Summit, Medina, Stark, Wayne and Cuyahoga Counties, several of which offer evening and Saturday hours.
- Please choose a site that will fit your needs and your schedule.