What is the Ohio STEM Learning Network (OSLN)?
The Ohio STEM Learning Network (OSLN) is a unique collaborative initiative focused on building and connecting STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) teaching and learning capacity in regions across Ohio. OSLN is built from a consortium of committed partners from pre-K-12 education, higher education, business, government and industry, and is focused on student and teacher success.
Visit our new website for more about OSLN
OSLN Akron Hub Goals
- Build awareness and knowledge of STEM
STEM programs include the arts, 21st century skills and real-life experiences delivered in engaging learning environments
- Amplify and accelerate the reach and impact of the STEM platform school’s best practices
Best practices include people, tools and networks
- Connect STEM initiatives to exchange best practices
Foster connectivity through building new and expanding existing networks
- Use partners and networks to be a regional leader in developing ongoing creative and innovative strategies to build STEM leadership
Pre-K-12, higher education, non-profit, government, business and community partners all play an essential role
OSLN Akron Hub Partners
The OSLN Akron Hub platform school is the National Inventors Hall of Fame® School, and the founding partners of the hub include:
- Akron Public Schools
- Akron Tomorrow
- Battelle Memorial Institute
- City of Akron
- Greater Akron Chamber
- Invent Now (formerly the National Inventors Hall of Fame® Foundation)
- The University of Akron
Through these partnerships, and many more throughout the greater Akron region, the OSLN hub taps into existing networks to connect and spread STEM education efforts throughout the 13-county region for which the OSLN Akron Hub is responsible.