- Your overall GPA and your Content GPA.
- Your OAE/Praxis scores for each time you have taken the test and the dates that you have taken the test.
- A rationale as to why the Committee should allow you to proceed with student teaching, when this student teaching prerequisite has not been met.
- Attach a copy of your OAE/Praxis registration showing the date you are rescheduled to take the OAE/Praxis or the date when you are scheduled to take the test for the first time.
- Attach a signed letter or email from a University faculty member who has observed your teaching in the field which provides a rationale why you should or should not be permitted to student teach without taking or passing the OAE/Praxis.
Ms. Wendy Jewell
Phone: (330) 972-7987
Fax: (330) 972-2517
Mrs. Barbara Baltrinic
Phone: (330) 972-5427
If you are taking a course which requires field work, or student teaching, you are REQUIRED to have both a current BCI and FBI clearance. This is a mandated requirement from the school districts.
You may NOT take expired documents to your field placement or student teaching sites.
Do not wait until the start of the semester; please handle this immediately so your paperwork is ready for the start of the semester. The state department is saying that it takes 30 days to process. If something shows up on your record, even if it has been expunged, it will take longer to process.
Always request a copy for your own records. You will have to have a copy with you to present to the school district(s) you are assigned to. You do not need to send a copy to the COE or Office of Student Teaching and Field; it is your responsibility to manage your documents.
If you do not have the required documents ready for when your field course or student teaching starts, you may not be able to complete the requirements of the course. The COE and/or Office of Student Teaching cannot waive this requirement and give you permission to start at the school. Once again, this is a mandated district policy.