Appeals Process for Student Teaching for Fall 2016
Procedures for filing a letter of appeal to the Student Teaching Committee:
- A Letter of Appeal must be turned in no later than 5:00 p.m. on April 25, 2016.
- Your written letter of appeal must be addressed to the Student Teaching Committee. All appeals must be sent electronically to Wendy Jewell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Letter of Appeal must contain the following:
- Your overall GPA and your Content GPA. (Need GPA if both content areas if applicable)
- Your OAE/Praxis scores for each time you have taken the test and the dates that you have taken the test.
- A rationale as to why the Committee should allow you to proceed with student teaching, when this student teaching prerequisite has not been met.
- Attach a copy of your OAE/Praxis registration showing the date you are rescheduled to take the OAE/Praxis or the date when you are scheduled to take the test for the first time.
- State your licensure area(s)
- The letter of appeal must contain all of the above required elements. Your letter will not be accepted or be presented to the appeals committee unless your appeal has all the required elements and is turned in by the required deadline.