Information and resources for current student teachers
Dates and Information
- Letter of introduction from the Coordinator
- Important dates you should know
- Student Teaching Syllabus
- Recommended Weekly Teaching Schedule
- Recommended Teacher Candidate Mentoring Model
- Models of Co-teaching
- AYA Student Teachers
- Non-AYA Student Teachers
- TPA Submission
- Checklist of materials student teachers need to turn in
- What is expected of a student teacher?
- Legal concerns for the student teacher
- Do's and don'ts of student teaching
- FBI/BCI Requirements
- Teacher Candidate Evaluation Worksheets
(Use of Firefox or Safari is recommended)
- AYA Social Studies: Midterm | Final
- Physical Education: Midterm | Final
- All Other Licensure Areas: Midterm | Final
- Lesson Plans - Suggestions for writing lesson plans and a lesson plan format to download
- Student Teacher Exit Survey
- Student teacher observation note-taking form
- Student Teaching Handbook
- Interviewing Skills Workshop
- Favorite Suggestions for Student Teachers - "Teach to the corners of your room" . . . and other suggestions to make your teaching a success.
- Working with Students with Disabilities - Talks about PL 94-142 and offers hints for including students with disabilities in your classroom.
- Preliminary discussion questions for student teaching teams
- Ohio teaching standards
- TPA materials and timelines
- What does research say about co-teaching?
- Co-teaching brochure from State of Ohio
- Descriptions of models of co-teaching
- Licensure/certification requirements in other states - Interested in teaching in another state? Check out their licensure requirements here.