Current Student Teachers
Information and resources needed if you are currently student teaching
Important Dates and Information
- Letter of introduction from the Director
- Dates you need to know for Fall 2013
- Checklist of materials student teachers need to turn in
- Recommended observation and teaching schedule
- What is expected of a student teacher?
- Legal concerns for the student teacher
- Do's and don'ts of student teaching
- Evaluations - Midterm and final evaluation forms for both Traditional and Collaborative student teachers. Also provides evaluation forms for specific licensure areas.
- Lesson Plans - Suggestions for writing lesson plans and a lesson plan format to download
- Student Teacher observation log (AYA students) - Allows the AYA student teacher to describe the activities they participated in during their observations; for example, teacher assistance, lesson preparation, small group work, etc.
- Survey of University supervisor (to be completed by Mentor Teacher)
- Survey of Mentor Teacher (to be completed by University Supervisor)
- Student teacher observation forms
- Student Teaching Handbook
- Favorite Suggestions for Student Teachers - "Teach to the corners of your room" . . . and other suggestions to make your teaching a success.
- Working with Students with Disabilities - Talks about PL 94-142 and offers hints for including students with disabilities in your classroom.
- Preliminary discussion questions for student teaching teams
- Ohio teaching standards
- TPA materials and timelines
- Co-teaching model
- Descriptions of models of co-teaching
- Effective co-teaching strategies
- Licensure/certification requirements in other states - Interested in teaching in another state? Check out their licensure requirements here.