Mary Jo MacCracken
Mary Jo MacCracken Ph.D.
Sport Science & Wellness Education
College of Education, The University of Akron
- MacCracken, M.J. & Stadulis, R.E. (Saturday, 20 June 2009 Symposia 50, Salle Fez). Sub-cultural differences in psychological well-being of minority youth as reflected in social physique anxiety and intrinsic motivation. 12th ISSP World Congress of Sport Psychology, Marrakesh, Morocco, Congress Program, p. 57.
- Stadulis, R. & MacCracken, M. J. (Friday, 6 June 2008). Social Physique Anxiety in Pre-Adolescents. Paper presented at the national meeting of the North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity (NASPSPA) in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
- MacCracken, M.J. & Stadulis, R.E. (Sunday 2 December 2007, 10:00-11:30). Social Physique Anxiety Assessment and Application in Children and Adolescents. Paper presented as a delegate and invited speaker to ASPASP (Asian South Pacific Association of Sport Psychology) and the International World Congress, Bangkok, Thailand.
- MacCracken, M., Ford, B.A., Queener, J., Sadler, C., Morse, R. & Stadulis, R. (27 June 2007). Project MacD: Mobile AllStars Combating Diabetes in Minority Youth. Poster presented at the International Conference on Physical Activity & Obesity in Children, Toronto, Canada.
- Stadulis, R., MacCracken, M., Fender-Scarr, L., Neal Barnett, A., Gandee, R., Newman, D., etal. (August 19, 2005). Psychometric Properties of the Children’s Version of The SocialPhysique Anxiety Scale (SPAS-C). A paper presented at the 11th World Congress ofSport Psychology, Sydney, Australia.
- MacCracken, M.J.(August 21, 1998). Should We Physical Educators Strive to Thrive or Merely Survive? Invited keynote presentation, International Sport ScienceCongress, Seoul, Korea.
- MacCracken, M.J. (August 20, 1998). Discussion panelist in the sport philosophy section of The Seoul International Sport Science Congress, Seoul, Korea.
- MacCracken, M.J., Stadulis, R.E., Gandee, R., & White, A. (October 5, 2012). Changes inadolescents’ social physique anxiety, body composition, body satisfaction/dissatisfaction,AASP Annual Conference, Atlanta, GA. Salon D & E, Atlanta Hilton.
- MacCracken, M.J., Stadulis, R.E., & Gandee, R. (September 23, 2011). Social physique anxiety,body. Composition and Body Satisfaction/Dissatisfaction in Middle School Children,Association for Applied Sport Psychology, 2011 Conference Program, Hawaii, pp. 29.
- Stadulis, R.E. & MacCracken, M. J. (September 2008). Paper entitled Assessing SubjectiveWell-Being in Minority Children Involved in Physical Activity and Exercise Programs and part of a symposium entitled Influence of Physical Activity on Subjective Well-Being: Diverse Populations and Implications for Practitioners. Symposium collaborators: Bonnie G. Berger1, Stephanie J. Hanrahan2, Mary J. MacCracken3, Robert E. Stadulis4 (Bowling Green State Univ, USA1; Univ of Queensland, Australia2; Univ of Akron, USA3; Kent State Univ, USA4). Presentation, Thursday, September 25, 2008 - national meeting of the Association of Applied Sport Psychology (AASP), St. Louis, Mo.
- MacCracken, M. J., Stadulis, R.E., et al. (2008). Appropriateness of the Social Physique Anxiety Scale for Children (SPAS-C). Presented at the national meeting of the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD), Ft. Worth, TX., Wednesday, April 9, 10:30am-11:45am in Convention Center 202C during Free Communication: Assessment/Validation of Instrumentation/Theoretical Models..
- Ford, B.A., MacCracken, M. J., Morse, R., & Queener, J.E. (2008). Evaluation of a Prevention Program For Type II Diabetes For Minority Children. Presented at the national meeting of Eastern Educational Research Association (EERA), Hilton Head, S.C. Symposium Session 72, Friday, February 22, 2008 (scheduled for 3:00-4:20).
- Queener, J., Ford, B.A., Morse, R.E., MacCracken, M.J., and Sadler, C. (2007). A primary prevention program for Diabetes Type II for minority youth. Presentation at the Eastern Educational Research Association (EERA), Sheraton Sand Key Resort, Clearwater Beach, FL, February 17, 2007.
State and Local Invited Presentations
- MacCracken, Mary J. (November 14, 2011). Culture and Social Context of the Doctorate. Presentation Olin Hall 273, 5 :30. For Dr. Jennifer Milam’s doctoral seminar.
- Sadler, C.S., MacCracken, M.J., et al. (14 November 2009). Organizing a Health Fair. Poster presentation as part of Encouraging Healthy Lifestyles: A Health Fair for All Ages, First Christian Church, 6900 Market Avenue N, North Canton, OH 44721. Refereed by Stark Carroll District Nurses Association.
- MacCracken, M.J. and Stadulis, R.E. (December 2008). Grant Writing: So You Want to Thrive,Not Merely Survive. Oral presentation at the annual meeting of the Ohio Association ofHealth, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (OAHPERD) on Thursday, December4, 2008 from 3:30-4:15 in Convention Center Room 213.
- Ford, B.A., MacCracken, M.J., Morse, R., and Queener, J.E. (April 2007). Mobile AllStars Combating Diabetes (Project MacD), 6th Annual Celebration of Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT), The University of Akron Student Center, Monday, April 2, 2007.