Ronald Otterstetter, Ph.D.
Ronald Otterstetter Ph.D.
Sport Science & Wellness Education
College of Education, The University of Akron
- E.J. Ryan, C-H. Kim, M.D. Muller, D.M. Bellar, J. E. Barkley, M.V. Bliss, A. Jankowski-Wilkinson, M. Russell, , D. Macander, R. Otterstetter, E.L. Glickman, & G.H. Kamimori. Low dose caffeine administered in chewing gum does not enhance cycling to exhaustion. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research – Accepted for publication June 1, 2011
- L.K. Murray, R. Otterstetter, M. D. Muller, E. L. Glickman. The Effects of High and Low Dose Aspirin on Thermoregulation During and After Acute Cold Exposure. Wilderness & Environmental Medicine. 2011 December 22:321-325.
- R. Otterstetter, S. Buser, R. Kappler, K. Herold, N. Mullet, N. Mullins. A Model for Collaborative Laboratory Experiences between Higher Education and High School Tech Prep Program: Promoting higher education, mentoring, and research. Advances in Physiology Education. 2011 December 35:460-463.
- J. H. Price, J. Khubchandani, J. A. Dake, A. Thompson, H. Schmalzried, M. Adeyanju, J. Murnan, D. Pringle, K. J. Zullig, J. Ausherman, D. L. Jackson, R. Otterstetter, S. Douthat, L.G. Esprit. College Students Perceptions and Experiences with Health Insurance. Journal of The National Medical Association. 2010 December 102(12) 1222-1230.
- G. H. Kamimori, E. J. Ryan, R. Otterstetter, J. E. Barkley, E.L. Glickman. H. Q. Davis. Catecholamine Response to Hypoxia Induced Acute Mountain Sickness. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine. 2009 April; 80:376-380.
- C.C. Cheatham, N. Caine, M. Blegen, E.S. Potkanowicz, G.H. Kamimori, J.L. Marcinkiewicz, R. Otterstetter, M. Kalinski and E.L. Glickman. The effects of nicotine on the metabolic and hormonal responses during acute cold exposure. Wilderness and Environmental Medicine. 2006 Sept. 17(3) 147-157.
- N. Caine-Bish, E.S. Potkanowicz, R. Otterstetter, J. Marcinkiewicz, G. Kamimori. The Effect of Sleep Deprivation on the Hormonal and Metabolic Responses to Cold Exposure. Wilderness and Environmental Medicine 2005 Dec;16,177-184.
- E. S. Potkanowicz, N. Caine, R. Otterstetter, and E. Glickman. Thermal Sensation of Old vs. Young Males at 12, 18, and 27°C for 120-Minutes. In Y. Tochihara, and T. Ohnaka (eds.), Environmental Ergonomics: The Ergonomics of Human Comfort, Health, and Performance in the Thermal Environment 2005; pp. 147-150. London: Elsevier Publishing
- N. Caine-Bish, E. S. Potkanowicz, R. Otterstetter, E.L. Glickman. Thermal and metabolic responses of sleep deprived males and females during acute cold exposure. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine. 2004 Nov.;75:964-68.
- E. L. Glickman , E. S. Potkanowicz, R. Otterstetter. Pugh and Edholm’s “The Physiology of Channel Swimmers”- A Commentary. Wilderness and Environmental Medicine 2004 Mar;15,38-39.
- E. S. Potkanowicz, N. Caine-Bish, R. Otterstetter, E. L. Glickman. Age effects of thermal, metabolic, and perceptual responses to acute cold exposure. Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine 2003 Nov; 74: 1157-1162.
- G. H. Kamimori, C. S. Karyekar, R. Otterstetter, D. S. Cox, T. J. Balkin, G. L. Belenky, N. D. Eddington. The rate of absorption and relative bioavailability of caffeine administered in chewing gum versus capsules to normal healthy volunteers. International Journal of Pharmacology 2002 Mar 2; 234 (1-2): 159-67.
- G. H. Kamimori, D. M. Penetar, D. B. Headley, D. A. Thorne, R. Otterstetter, G. Belenky. Effect of three caffeine doses on plasma catecholamines and alertness during prolonged wakefulness. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 2000 Nov; 56(8):537-544.
- R. Otterstetter, L. M. Szymanski, G. H. Kamimori, C. M. Kessler, M. R. Gold, B. Fernhall. Hemostatic responses to maximal exercise in oral contraceptive users. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology 1999 Oct, 181 (4): 958-63.
- G. H. Kamimori, A. Joubert, R. Otterstetter, M. Santaromana, N. D. Eddington. The effect of the menstrual cycle on the pharmacokinetics of caffeine in normal, healthy eumenorrheic females. European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology 1999 Aug; 55 (6): 445-9.
- A. H. Goldfarb, A. Z. Jamurtas, G. H. Kamimori, S. Hedge, R. Otterstetter, D. A. Brown. Gender effect on beta-endorphin response to exercise. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise 1998, 30(12): 1672-6.
- L.C. Smith, S. A. Mroczkowski, S. Bemis, S. Buser, R. Otterstetter. Effects of Thermotherapy and Cryotherapy on Muscle Hypertrophy and Contraction Force Following a Resistance Exercise Program. In review.