Outreach & Professional Learning
Welcome Message from the Office of Outreach and Professional Learning
Professional Development Workshop Opportunities
Our Office provides professional development workshops for teachers; we partner with educational organizations to provide face-to-face and online programming; and we offer school districts the opportunity to offer graduate credit for PD done in-district. Check out what we have to offer!
- List of Upcoming Workshops
- Additional workshops from Critical Connections
- Online workshops from Ed2Go
- Workshop Partners
- Workshop Registration
- Transcript Request
For more information on workshop offerings or if you would like to offer graduate credit for your professional development, please contact:
Sue Petsche, Workshop Coordinator
Office of Outreach & Professional Learning
Quaker Square 303
Akron, OH 44325-4209
Phone: (330) 972-7383
Fax: (330) 972-5219
Don't miss the 2013 Ohio Educators' Symposium!
The University of Akron Medina County University Center
- Barbara Gunkelman, Director of Curriculum for the Buckeye Local School District
- Jim Tressel, Vice President for Strategic Engagement at The University of Akron
Here are just a few of the many breakout sessions that will take place:
- Using Your iPad to Advance Student Engagement
- Autism 101
- Yoga Ed in Your Classroom
- Robotics & Research in the Modern Classroom
- The Great Egg Drop Challenge!
Registration Deadline: June 3 (or until filled)
Hope to see you there!
Earn your master's degree at a variety of conveniently located sites
The Office of Outreach provides traditional educational opportunities to teachers limited by time, place, and outside commitments. Fully online degrees, endorsements and certificates offered. If you are interested in taking the next step in your career, contact us at (330) 972-7383.
Allen Elementary School
A Professional Development School - View the videos