Dear Cohort Student,
The purpose of this orientation is to help you navigate through the College of Education. We have information on using ZipLine, using Springboard, checking UA mail, and tips for graduate school success. We also have a list of Frequently Asked Questions that we would like you to look at.
Follow the steps below to make the most out of this “Orientation in a Box.” For this to be as effective as a face-to-face orientation, it is necessary to read each document in full. I am sure you will have fun getting to know the College of Education and learning about the University.
- Step 1: Familiarize yourself with our staff by checking out the Meet the Staff page.
- Step 2: Get to know your adviser by looking at the Meet your Adviser page.
- Step 3: Take a look at the FAQs. Read these carefully, as many of the answers will provide you with a good picture of what the graduate school process and the College of Education process will look like.
- Step 4: Become familiar with the TK20 webpage. TK20 is designed to fully document key assessments throughout your education. A list of programs with the Tk20 requirement can be found here.
- Step 5: If you are new to ZipLine and Springboard, look at the ZipLine Help and Springboard Information PDFs. Be certain to view the ZipLine Help documents in the order that they are listed. ZipLine and Springboard will be something that you use every day while in graduate school so make sure that you keep these documents handy as reference guides.
- Step 6: Check out the Steps for Graduate Success document for a list of helpful hints on how you can be successful in graduate school.
Congratulations on taking the next step in your career. Remember, we are always here to help you and are your biggest advocates on campus.
Office of Professional Learning
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44235-4209