Spring Newsletter 2012
Fall Newsletter 2011
Spring Newsletter 2011
Spring Newsletter 2010
Faculty and Staff Awards
- Dr. George Chase received The Louis A. Hill Jr. Award.
- Mrs. Marcia Main received Outstanding Administrative Staff Award.
- Dr. Judit Puskas was elected to the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering’s (AIMBE) College of Fellows. The American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE) is a non-profit organization representing 50,000 individuals and its College of Fellows is comprised of the top 2% of medical and biological engineers. AIMBE was founded in 1991 to provide leadership and advocacy in medical and biological engineering for the benefit of society.
- Dr. George Chase received an award from The Separation Division of AIChE for outstanding contributions to advanced filter media.
- Dr. George Chase, Dr. Michael H. Cheung, Dr. Steven Chuang , Dr. Jarrell R. Elliott Jr., Dr. Lu-Kwang Ju, and Dr. Judit E. Puskas were among the 60 inventors inducted into the UA Chapter of the National Academy of Inventors February 23, 2011. The NAI serves to honor and encourage inventors; enhance visibility of university technology and innovation; encourage intellectual property disclosure; educate and mentor innovative students; and translate the inventions of its members to benefit society.
- Dr. Lu-Kwang Ju received the College of Fellows of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering in February 2010. The fellows are recognized as “the outstanding bioengineers in academia, industry, and government.”
- Dr. George Chase received the American Filtration and Separation Society Lifetime Achievement Award on March 23, 2010. The award honors an individual who has made significant fundamental contributions to the society through research, leadership, mentorship, and good citizenship.
- Dr. Jie Zheng received a National Science Foundation (NSF) Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award 2010 for his proposal, “Computational studies of the structure and biological activity of amyloid forming peptides”. NSF CAREER Award is the foundation’s most prestigious awards for junior faculty, which is awarded to their excellence in research, education, and the integration of education and research.
- Dr. Jie Zheng also received Anton Award from National Resource for Biomedical Supercomputing.
- Dr. George Chase received The American Filtration and Separation Society Fellow Member Award.