Dr. Iqbal Husain
Ph.D. Texas A&M University 1993
M.S. Texas A&M University 1989
B.S. Bangladesh Univiversity of Eng. & Tech. 1987
5/03-Present Professor, The University of Akron, Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
1/02-3/02 Visiting Professor, Oregon Stage University, Dept. of Electrical & Computer Engineering
5/99-5/03 Associate Professor, The University of Akron, Dept. of Electrical Engineering
7/94-5/99 Assistant Professor, The University of Akron, Dept. of Electrical Engineering
11/97-10/00 Consultant, Delph Automotive Systems. Indianapolis, IN, ITT Automotive, Dayton, Ohio, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Industry, Akron, Ohio, Graphic Enterprises, Canton, Ohio, Hy-Tech Industries, Cleveland, Ohio.
6/97-9/97 Summer Faculty Fellow, Wright-Patterson AFB, Dayton, Ohio.
5/96-8/96 Summer Faculty Fellow, Wright-Patterson AFB, Dayton, Ohio.
9/93-6/94 Assistant Lecturer, Texas A&M University, Dept. of Electrical Eng.
10/93-1/94 Consulting Engineer, Delco Chassis, Dayton, Ohio.
1/88-8/93 Research Assistant, Texas A&M University, Dept. of Electrical Eng.
Switched Reluctance Machines
- Four-Quadrant Controls for Actuators
- Indirect Position Sensing
- On-Line Parameter Adaptation
- Acoustic Noise Prediction
- Loss Modeling
- Comprehensive Design Methodology
- Thermal Analysis
- Aerospace Starter/Generator Modeling
Permanent Magnet Machines
- Parameter Estimation and Sensroless Controls
- PM Design with Thermal Analysis
- Design with Paramagnetics Rotor Bars
- Observer Based Speed Estimation
Power Electroncis for Electric Vehicles
- Field Oriented Induction Motor Drive
- High-Power DC-DC Converters
Transverse Flux Machines
- Design of Reluctance TFM
- Control of Reluctance TFM