B.S. Aerospace Systems Engineering
Outside of the U.S. Air Force Academy, The University of Akron is the only institution in the U. S. that offers a bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Systems Engineering. Our curriculum applies the principles of systems engineering to the aerospace industry, which is integral to Ohio and the region.
Entrance requirements are similar to those required by the University Honors College. Those requirements are to:
- Achieve (usually 2 of 3 required):
- High school cumulative grade-point average of at least 3.50
- High school class rank among the highest 10%
- ACT composite score of at least 27 or SAT combined score of at least 1,200 (old test)/ 1,800 (new test)
- Submit an essay on an assigned subject
- Be interviewed by faculty of the University
Aerospace Systems Engineering Curriculum
For completion of this degree program, students will need to complete several required Co-Ops with corporations or governmental entities. If you are not a citizen or national of the United States or a permanent resident alien you may not be able to participate in the Co-Ops based on export control laws and will not be able to complete the degree program. If you are not a citizen or national of the United States or a permanent resident alien please contact the Dean’s office to determine if you will be able to complete the degree program prior to admission into the program.