The Carl H. and Dorothy S. Bauer Scholarship provides funds to exceptional undergraduate as well as returning and incoming graduate students of excellent caliber in the Department of English; it is restricted to candidates majoring in English. The award recognizes overall excellence, in areas including academic performance, creative accomplishment, and community engagement.
The Bauer award level fluctuates from year to year.
Who can enter:
All candidates must be nominated by a faculty member;
nominated candidates must then submit application materials to the Bauer Scholarship Committee of the Department of English.
- Recipients must be full- or part-time English undergraduate or graduate students registering for English coursework in Fall of 2015.
- To be eligible, students must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
Applications must include:
- A letter of nomination from a faculty member specifying why the candidate is worthy of consideration. Graduate students who are preparing to enter the University of Akron's program may be nominated from faculty at their undergraduate institution.
- A letter of no more than 2 pages from the applicant, outlining interests and accomplishments (academic and otherwise). A CV may be included.
- Application materials may include mention of service to the department or field, any conference presentations or publications, and honors received, as well as quality of coursework.